Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
having trouble with aircurve 10 asv - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: having trouble with aircurve 10 asv (/Thread-having-trouble-with-aircurve-10-asv)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

having trouble with aircurve 10 asv - ldanielle01 - 08-28-2019

Hello, I am writing because I think Sleepwalker helped me a couple of years ago with issues I was having at the time.  I changed to the recommended AirCurve 10 asv, which was great for a while.  Then it seemed like something happened to change that, but I'm not sure what.  I was waking up feeling like I was choking or suffocating.  Also, my nose was burning, which I think is related to humidity, but I can't seem to fix that either.  I've tried changing the settings but don't seem to be doing it very well as my AHI has increased.  I really can't use it anymore which is frustrating because I used to have a 100% compliance rate!  I have lost some weight since the last time I was on the forum, maybe 20 lbs, but that is the only thing I can think of that might be the cause.  I have been using OSCAR now but don't know how to interpret it very well at all.  Can you help again?  Thanks in advance!

RE: having trouble with aircurve 10 asv - Matt00926 - 08-28-2019

Post your screen shots of charts so we can see what is going on during the night and hopefully someone can help you

RE: having trouble with aircurve 10 asv - SarcasticDave94 - 08-28-2019

Same machine I've got. We're going to need to see some nightly charts via OSCAR or SleepyHead, summary is OK to include as long as detailed daily pages are included. Let's get those first and we can suggest adjustments from there.

Congrats on weight loss; it should be a positive with any CPAP style device patient.

RE: having trouble with aircurve 10 asv - ldanielle01 - 08-28-2019

[attachment=14983][attachment=14984][attachment=14985]
Ok, this is what I have from last night.  I'm not sure which ones are the best, so I did them all!  Let me know what else might help, and thanks for looking!

OK this is a start. Do you ever feel air starved? I'm asking because unless there's a specific need to the contrary, I'd bump the EPAP Min from 4 to 6, at least for starters.

Does the mask fit well? I'm seeing leakage that is moderately high. It's not serious yet, but it can hinder therapy results. Do you have other sized cushions to try? Maybe a different sized cushion helps fit and reduces leak rates. See our wiki on mask fit.

RE: having trouble with aircurve 10 asv - sheepless - 08-28-2019

check to make sure the 'UA' flags are turned on in the drop down box, lower left of graphs on daily tab. also, click triangle at upper left of calendar to remove it in order to display more useful info.

RE: having trouble with aircurve 10 asv - ldanielle01 - 08-28-2019

Thanks!  I will try that tonight and see how it goes!

You're welcome and keep us posted.

Coffee

RE: having trouble with aircurve 10 asv - Sleeprider - 08-28-2019

You are only showing hypopnea and large leaks. Please turn on the remaining events by clicking the events on the lower left of the Daily charts (all should be green). Also, turn off the monthly calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line. This will allow a lot more data to show. Dave suggested increasing the EPAP minimum pressure, and I agree with that, but your pressure support is only set to a maximum of 8.0. That may not be enough to resolve hypopnea and apnea events. The default range for PS is 3.0 to 15.0. Yours is set from 1.0 to 8.0. Is there a reason for these relatively low PS levels?

RE: having trouble with aircurve 10 asv - ldanielle01 - 08-29-2019

Thanks for your reply!  I think I set it how you recommended.  Here are the charts from last night.  I can't make excuses for why the settings are like that, but no, there's no particular reason. 

I woke up around 5 or so from air puffing into my mouth and it was bothering me enough to keep me from falling back asleep.  It looks like the machine recorded something around 4:45, I see some of the chart's levels go up around that time, but I don't know what it means. 

I'm guessing that the EPAP is too high at 6, so I should try 5?  Idk, let me know what you see!
Thanks again!!!