Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Ladies: hair issue - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Ladies: hair issue (/Thread-Ladies-hair-issue)

Pages: 1 2

Ladies: hair issue - Palmtrees - 08-31-2019

I know this is small beans, but any tips on how to deal with all these straps and full head of hair?  Mine is medium short but I have lots!
Ladies?  Guys?

RE: Ladies: hair issue - OpalRose - 08-31-2019

I’ve been battling that problem for awhile, and I use a P10 mask with the most minimalistic headgear. Sad

I use a Leave in Conditioner Spray every morning to get rid of the creases at the crown and back of my hair.  Then I just tossle it to leave dry on its own or use a Air Brush to style.

I’m tempted to try the new Bleep mask as there is no headgear or straps.

RE: Ladies: hair issue - mesenteria - 08-31-2019

What, exactly, is the problem?  And where?  I believe most everyone ends up with 'bad hair' or 'hat-head' most mornings regardless of what they wear...or not.  Is your hair getting caught in a buckle, wrapped around something, snagged, tugged,...??

Perhaps you could don a skullcap, or work-related net cap as one would in a restaurant or commercial kitchen?

RE: Ladies: hair issue - Palmtrees - 08-31-2019

(08-31-2019, 11:43 AM)mesenteria Wrote: What, exactly, is the problem?  And where?  I believe most everyone ends up with 'bad hair' or 'hat-head' most mornings regardless of what they wear...or not.  Is your hair getting caught in a buckle, wrapped around something, snagged, tugged,...??

Perhaps you could don a skullcap, or work-related net cap as one would in a restaurant or commercial kitchen?

Laugh-a-lot I can just picture it....already have a chin strap, a headgear, and sometimes tape...now add the net cap....hee-hee.
Actually, it would prolly work.  thanks for the suggestion.

(08-31-2019, 11:41 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I’ve been battling that problem for awhile, and I use a P10 mask with the most minimalistic headgear. Sad

I use a Leave in Conditioner Spray every morning to get rid of the creases at the crown and back of my hair.  Then I just tossle it to leave dry on its own or use a Air Brush to style.

I’m tempted to try the new Bleep mask as there is no headgear or straps.

I did try to use a mask like the P10.  The hose was the problem for me.  Dragged downward and drove me nuts.  Part of the problem is the cat that sleeps with me...she accidently (or on purpose, who knows) would pull on it.   I am doing much better with the nasal mask and hose-on-top-of-the-head headgear.  I drape the hose over the pillow and said cat does not seem to mind sleeping on it (great, keeps it warm).

Styling is OK...just seems to get tangled up and caught in the chinstrap, headgear straps, etc.  Talk about morning hair!  
thanks for the suggestions for taking care of it in the a.m.

RE: Ladies: hair issue - jaswilliams - 08-31-2019

A doo rag or silk head scarf may also help I am not a lady and I use the bleep mask and I love it having no head gear

the Bleep mask looks great, but the downward hanging hose will drive me nuts.  I would love to be without all of this stuff, but it is worth it in the end.

RE: Ladies: hair issue - PaulaO2 - 08-31-2019

I've gotten hair hung in a clip. And mine is rather short.

I have found that ball caps do wonders for hosehead hair if I have to go somewhere before I can shower. I've also used a wet wash cloth, rubbed the back and top of my head, then comb it. Most of the time that works.

RE: Ladies: hair issue - Melman - 08-31-2019

My dad used to pull a nylon stocking over his head to keep his hair in place while he slept and that was pre-CPAP.

RE: Ladies: hair issue - Palmtrees - 09-01-2019

thanks all.  Great ideas.  And I know there are guys with long hair, too. like