Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Aquafina for Humidifier? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Aquafina for Humidifier? (/Thread-Aquafina-for-Humidifier)

Pages: 1 2

Aquafina for Humidifier? - bluesboybob - 09-03-2019

I'm going on a road trip for a couple of weeks and I don't want to deal with my usual gallon jugs of distilled water. Since I usually have some bottled drinking water with me anyway I'm thinking it might be a good option for the humidifier. Maybe some purified water, like Aquafina, not spring water. Any thoughts? Thanks.

RE: Aquafina for Humidifier? - Melman - 09-03-2019

Any potable water is fine. When I travel I use tap water and rinse the humidifier daily to prevent mineral build up. The only advantage to distilled is water is the reduced likelihood of mineral scale.

RE: Aquafina for Humidifier? - Sleeprider - 09-03-2019

I just got back from a 7500+ mile road trip from PA through the U.P. of Michigan out west through Yellowstone to Crater Lake, to California, the back through Nevada, Utah, Colorado, KS, MO, IL, IN and OH. Tap water the whole way. Rinsed and dried humidifier container daily and no problems.

RE: Aquafina for Humidifier? - ardenum - 09-03-2019

i only use still mineral water, distilled is too expensive, and you cant drink it.

RE: Aquafina for Humidifier? - alexp - 09-03-2019

(09-03-2019, 10:37 AM)bluesboybob Wrote: I'm going on a road trip for a couple of weeks and I don't want to deal with my usual gallon jugs of distilled water. Since I usually have some bottled drinking water with me anyway I'm thinking it might be a good option for the humidifier. Maybe some purified water, like Aquafina, not spring water. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Just let sit some vinegar in your humidifier tank after your road trip to remove any mineral buildup and you'll be fine.

RE: Aquafina for Humidifier? - Sleepster - 09-03-2019

(09-03-2019, 10:37 AM)bluesboybob Wrote: I'm going on a road trip for a couple of weeks and I don't want to deal with my usual gallon jugs of distilled water. Since I usually have some bottled drinking water with me anyway I'm thinking it might be a good option for the humidifier. Maybe some purified water, like Aquafina, not spring water. Any thoughts? Thanks.

That's what I do when I travel. Sometimes I'll even use the hotel tap water.

RE: Aquafina for Humidifier? - SarcasticDave94 - 09-03-2019

If you can drink it then you should be OK to humidify with it. Factor in price and whether you want to carry water into the equation.

Coffee

RE: Aquafina for Humidifier? - Big Guy - 09-03-2019

Started out using distilled water when I first started SA Therapy. I gave up on the distilled water within two months or so. 

I've been using tap water ever since and all is good. Only once, did I end up with some dried mineral deposits. My water reservoir went dry on me for some reason. Used some white vinegar in the reservoir and that took care of the deposits. 

I empty the water reservoir each & every morning and wipe it dry with some tissue. I'm about a week or so shy of being on SA therapy for one year. The reservoir still looks like new. 

No need to spend $$'s on distilled water. I re-directed that money to be spent on my m/c.  Big Grin

RE: Aquafina for Humidifier? - Technopauper - 09-03-2019

I only use VOSS or Evian at a push :-)

I travel a lot and use whatever bottled water I can get then clean the chamber of any build ups with vinegar if I can get it easily or Coke if not

Rob

RE: Aquafina for Humidifier? - S.L. Ping Beauty - 09-03-2019

I used distilled at home because of the well water even though whole house filtration with salt softener.    I have no problem using purchased bottled water when traveling.   I try to determine if it is non-fluoridated.  I detest government mandated (municipal) fluoridated water and do not want to inhale it as part of humidification.