Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] SD card for Resmed Airsense10 Auto - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] SD card for Resmed Airsense10 Auto (/Thread-CPAP-SD-card-for-Resmed-Airsense10-Auto)

Pages: 1 2

SD card for Resmed Airsense10 Auto - angelitos - 09-06-2019

Hello,
In my eagerness to read the SD card (came with my Resmed) for the first time, I overlooked warning about locking the card first -- and simply "downloaded" all my data files using the wonderful program OSCAR.  However, now after reinserting the card in the machine it doesn't seem to be recording new data-- - (I have it on the unlocked position for recording ). I notice an amber light comes on when I insert it. Should I delete everything and start over again with a locked card?  Incidentally it was thrilling to get all of that information after 2 years of treatment - and I want to continue receiving it !!
  Thank you for your comments.

RE: SD card for Resmed Airsense10 Auto - jaswilliams - 09-07-2019

With the Autoset 10 there is no need to lock the card.

It could be the sd card has gone faulty, make sure it is unlocked when in your machine.

You could also try formatting the sd card

RE: SD card for Resmed Airsense10 Auto - hensem - 09-07-2019

using airsense 10 auto too. i didn't lock my card when using oscar and rescan. no issue. it still can record data and it can be import.

but now i use flashair with flashpap. just copy over everything from resmed sdcard to flashair and no need to take the card out anymore.

RE: SD card for Resmed Airsense10 Auto - Crimson Nape - 09-07-2019

I used to think that the SD card was going bad but, by accident, found it's more likely caused by the SD card not locking in during insertion and bounces back out.  It appears that the Resmed wants to write immediately to the SD card when inserting it.  A data fragment gets written to the card when the card doesn't lock and bounces back, thus corrupting any further writes. Removing total power to the CPAP prior to reinserting the SD card will prevent this problem.  If your card gets corrupted, reformat it prior to placing it back in the CPAP.

I hope you find this useful.

RE: SD card for Resmed Airsense10 Auto - angelitos - 09-07-2019

(09-07-2019, 01:33 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: With the Autoset 10 there is no need to lock the card.

It could be the sd card has gone faulty, make sure it is unlocked when in your machine.

RE: SD card for Resmed Airsense10 Auto - italyhound - 09-07-2019

Hi

I just created an account, being a new CPAP user. I have the airsense 10 and purchased the flashair SD based on some comments here. I am using the mac version.

I have a question. I am trying to transfer the right files from the card over to OSCAR and am unsure which files I need to copy and paste over in order for OSCAR to recognize them. I only copied over the data files under the most recent date folder written to the card over to my profile folder but OSCAR doesn't seem to see them.

Thanks for any assistance in getting me up and running.....

(09-07-2019, 03:26 PM)angelitos Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 01:33 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: With the Autoset 10 there is no need to lock the card.

Thanks!  Its a relief to know i haven't harmed the card.  It seems to be working now. (maybe i wasn't using oscar correctly to read the file,)

(09-07-2019, 05:51 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I used to think that the SD card was going bad but, by accident, found it's more likely caused by the SD card not locking in during insertion and bounces back out.  It appears that the Resmed wants to write immediately to the SD card when inserting it.  A data fragment gets written to the card when the card doesn't lock and bounces back, thus corrupting any further writes. Removing total power to the CPAP prior to reinserting the SD card will prevent this problem.  If your card gets corrupted, reformat it prior to placing it back in the CPAP.

I hope you find this useful.

Thanks!  There is so much i dont know about this card.  -- its my first time using it. I appreciate the information,

RE: SD card for Resmed Airsense10 Auto - Sleeprider - 09-07-2019

Is it too late to mention that OSCAR card seems to miss the first night of data. It may show up tomorrow. I don't know why this happens, but I have seen it personally. It seems to happen if you pull the card before noon on the first night of therapy. I bet it will be there tomorrow.

RE: SD card for Resmed Airsense10 Auto - hensem - 09-07-2019

(09-07-2019, 04:00 PM)italyhound Wrote: Hi

I just created an account, being a new CPAP user.  I have the airsense 10 and purchased the flashair SD based on some comments here.  I am using the mac version.

I have a question.  I am trying to transfer the right files from the card over to OSCAR and am unsure which files I need to copy and paste over in order for OSCAR to recognize them.  I only copied over the data files under the most recent date folder written to the card over to my profile folder but OSCAR doesn't seem to see them.  

Thanks for any assistance in getting me up and running.....

use flashpap to copy the files. it will select the file for you.

hwww.cognitial.com / software-apps / java-apps / flashpap