Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SD data card (res Med) not being read by res scan - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: SD data card (res Med) not being read by res scan (/Thread-SD-data-card-res-Med-not-being-read-by-res-scan)

SD data card (res Med) not being read by res scan - Justin - 02-07-2013

Hello all

i have downloaded the res scan 3.16 i think latest version from one of the links after i read the card using this, i erased data thinking i was just clearing the old data it had recorded. I used the machine last night so there is data on the card but res scan won't recognise the card. how do i get res scan to read the card does it need re formatting ? can this be done via res scan? many thanks

RE: SD data card (res Med) not being read by res scan - trish6hundred - 02-07-2013

Hi Justin and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use software so Hang tight for answers to your question.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: SD data card (res Med) not being read by res scan - vsheline - 02-09-2013

(02-07-2013, 06:55 AM)Justin Wrote: Hello all

i have downloaded the res scan 3.16 i think latest version from one of the links after i read the card using this, i erased data thinking i was just clearing the old data it had recorded. I used the machine last night so there is data on the card but res scan won't recognise the card. how do i get res scan to read the card does it need re formatting ? can this be done via res scan? many thanks

Hi Justin, welcome to the forum!

Are you sure your S9 Elite accepted the card and put data on it?

When you put the card back in the machine and then reconnect the power cord, make sure there is not an error message. If the Elite asks if it should reformat the SD card, you can select Yes.

You can also reformat the SD card in your computer.

By the way, I've had trouble a few times with my SD card getting corrupted for some reason and needing to reformat it. Now I no longer have that issue, but now I always turn off my machine, wait 10 seconds, unplug the power cord from the wall (or pull the cord out of the power brick), wait another 10 seconds for the power brick to discharge, before removing the SD card. The S9 user manual says, before removing the SD card to disconnect power at the machine, but I think that's a bad idea because it causes wear and tear on the connector in the back of the machine but it avoids needing to wait another 10 seconds for the power brick to discharge.

Also, ResScan v4.2 is recommended. It can be installed right on top of v3.16 without first needing to uninstall v3.16. But, as before, do not install the special ResScan drivers.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

RE: SD data card (res Med) not being read by res scan - zonk - 02-09-2013

how did you erase the card

when you insert the card in the machine, the machine display a message briefly "Reading SD card" and copy most recent data on the card
(365 days of compliance and therapy data and 30 days of detailed data)
otherwise different message is displayed

RE: SD data card (res Med) not being read by res scan - Justin - 02-11-2013

(02-09-2013, 09:47 PM)zonk Wrote: how did you erase the card

when you insert the card in the machine, the machine display a message briefly "Reading SD card" and copy most recent data on the card
(365 days of compliance and therapy data and 30 days of detailed data)
otherwise different message is displayed

i erased card using res scan on the screen where you apply settings to the card there is an erase data tab, the s9 reformatted the card when i put it back in and now all is ok, thanks