Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed Software Symbol - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed Software Symbol (/Thread-Resmed-Software-Symbol)

Pages: 1 2

Resmed Software Symbol - JerryG - 09-20-2019

In ResScan 5.9, I sometimes see a tiny triangle or two on the baseline of the "Events" details graph. The symbol is slightly smaller than a hypopnea symbol, and could be easily mistaken for one.  The events-graph key does not describe the mystery triangles. 

I've not noticed these in my previous version, which I used only with an S9 CPAP.    

I'm running a new (with the 5.9 Version software) ResMed AS-10.  Unlike my old S9,  the new CPAP reports Cheney-Stokes respiration and RERA Index on the software's "Statistics" page.  

Anybody know what those tiny triangles represent? 

Thanks!

RE: Resmed Software Symbol - jaswilliams - 09-20-2019

(09-20-2019, 01:01 PM)JerryG Wrote: In ResScan 5.9, I sometimes see a tiny triangle or two on the baseline of the "Events" details graph. The symbol is slightly smaller than a hypopnea symbol, and could be easily mistaken for one.  The events-graph key does not describe the mystery triangles. 

I've not noticed these in my previous version, which I used only with an S9 CPAP.    

I'm running a new (with the 5.9 Version software) ResMed AS-10.  Unlike my old S9,  the new CPAP reports Cheney-Stokes respiration and RERA Index on the software's "Statistics" page.  

Anybody know what those tiny triangles represent? 

Thanks!

Afraid I don’t have you tried Oscar see if that knows what the events are

RE: Resmed Software Symbol - sheepless - 09-20-2019

in 5.7 anyway, if you look under the 'events' title there's a legend. triangle is RERA.

RE: Resmed Software Symbol - JerryG - 09-20-2019

Thanks for the replies, folks.  I think you correct that they are the RERA events---their number (2) and the hours slept (6) agree with the reported RERA Index (0.3).

Still, I'm not seeing the Triangle in the legend to the left of the Detailed Events graph.  
In my vers 5.9 the legend shows only obstructive, central, and unknown apneas, plus hypopneas.  

Thanks for the help!

RE: Resmed Software Symbol - sheepless - 09-20-2019

I had to expand the graph box vertically in order to see the entire legend, but the triangle labeled rera is at the top of the legend in 5.7 so you'd think it'd be visible in 5.9. did you look for a setting/preferences/options to turn certain data on/off? I used to have 5.9; will have to see if I can find it.

RE: Resmed Software Symbol - JerryG - 09-21-2019

I'm only seeing the original four event-types in the legend on the left of the graph.  It's expanded vertially to fill my screen.  

Something I've been ignoring: I see some thin, blue, horizontal, broken-line segments above the four events.  I wonder...????

I am curious about why you went back to 5.7 from 5.9?

Thanks again, Jerry

RE: Resmed Software Symbol - sheepless - 09-21-2019

only because a windows update wiped my c drive a while back.  I can't find 5.9 anymore.  I had been maintaining data in both resscan and SH. between losing 5.9 and the advent of oscar I quit using resscan altogether.  SH and oscar are better.  

IDK about resscan but I believe SH and oscar (maybe the machine itself) won't show rera until the first time it's flagged, in case that has anything to do with it. 

I tried to post a screenshot of the legend but when I went to edit the profile to remove my personal info the entire profile disappeared.  if I didn't mention it before, the rera triangle is green.

RE: Resmed Software Symbol - JerryG - 09-22-2019

We'll, I think I'm beating this issue to death.  Like yours, my triangles are green on the inside, and I'm convinced I'm looking at RERA data. There's some glitch in my system that is keeping me from seeing "RERA" in the graph legend, but I really don't need to.  Besides, in my case the occurrence of the tiny green triangles is very small -- between 0 and 2 times per night.  Thanks for staying with me on this.

Originally, I downloaded ResScan only because my CPAP is a ResMed, and  thought there might be advantages in using the machine makers software.  There may be, but I might try one of the other options, especially because ResMed has made it more difficult for none-professionals to use versions beyond 5.9.

Again, thanks for solving my original question.

Jerry

RE: Resmed Software Symbol - sheepless - 09-22-2019

the consensus around here is that oscar is more versatile and user friendly.

RE: Resmed Software Symbol - JerryG - 09-23-2019

(09-22-2019, 10:49 AM)sheepless Wrote: the consensus around here is that oscar is more versatile and user friendly.

I downloaded it. Don't really know how to use it yet, but so far I'm not seeing much difference in what they do. 

It seems that if I don't do something to save my data in OSCAR after importing my SD card, the data gets lost from OSCAR when I close.  Different from ResMed, which copies and saves in one step.    

I'm keeping both for now.

Jerry