Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Max Pressure Adjustment - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Max Pressure Adjustment (/Thread-Max-Pressure-Adjustment)

Pages: 1 2

Max Pressure Adjustment - larrygreg - 10-03-2019

Lately I have been feeling tired and my wife has been noticing that I snore while using my machine, so I have to up the pressure.  Currently, my machine is set to minimum pressure of 5, max was 7.  I can certainly increase the pressure and see how I feel.  

One question I have, my machine is set for APAP therapy so my question is will therapy automatically adjust with 7 being the max pressure or can the pressure go higher than 7.

Just curious what everyone's min/max is.

Regards,

Larry

RE: Max Pressure Adjustment - OpalRose - 10-03-2019

I am not familiar with the workings of your machine, but in general your pressure range is probably too narrow. And no, the pressure will not rise past whatever you have your maximum set at.

You could try a pressure of 6cm minimum and 12cm maximum. Try it for a week and see how you feel.

RE: Max Pressure Adjustment - Sleeprider - 10-03-2019

The pressure others use is not going to be helpful to you. Your machine should provide an on-screen sleep report that describes your AHI and whether you are having hypopnea or clear apnea that would benefit from higher pressure. Another possibility is to look at the Apnea Board Software Support forum. Software that works with Windows operating system PCs can be found in the private files linked from this post http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Looking-for-PC-software-for-your-CPAP-machine. Information from this software can be used to help you make decisions about your therapy. That said, where I don't have efficacy data, I will usually START at 8-cm for anyone treating any degree of obstructive sleep apnea. With an auto machine, I would not start any lower than 6.0, and would allow the machine to go up to 14.0. I suspect that with a minimum of 5 and maximum of 7, you are at the maximum pressure all the time. If so, that might make a better minimum pressure.

Here is what the software can do WEINMANN support Information:

• Transfers stored therapy data from therapy device to the PC.
• Allows parameters relevant to therapy to be selected via the WEINMANNadjust remote adjustment module.
• Visualizes therapy-relevant data and facilitates the interpretation of such data.
• Documents and archives the results of therapy
• Supports the determination of therapy settings, such as pressure rise time and pressure limits.
• Provides - by analyzing therapy data - an aid to decisions on therapy device selection and nCPAP therapy pressure determination.
• Allows service data and usage times to be displayed and reset via WEINMANNservice
• WEINMANNsupport supports therapy checking by the user by evaluating the following data.

RE: Max Pressure Adjustment - OpalRose - 10-03-2019

larrygreg,
This software is available and may work with your machine.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-PrismaTS-WEINMANNsupport-Software-for-Weinmann-machines-only

My Stats From PrismaTS - larrygreg - 10-04-2019

So I have been asking for pressure advice and decided to check my machine.

Previous therapy pressure

Min 5 cmH2O
Max 6.5 cmH2O

So I decided to take everyones advice and up the max pressure.  Decided on 16 cmH2O for some random number.

Min 5 cmH2O
Max 11.5 cmH2O

So it does seem my pressure was set too low.  I will see how i feel in the upcoming days.  

My AHI/h is 5
oAHI 2
cAHI 3

Thanks for the help!!

RE: Max Pressure Adjustment - Sleeprider - 10-04-2019

Larry, I merged your two threads because this last post was directly related to the questions you asked yesterday. It's helpful if you keep using the same thread as you work through a problem. Thanks, and glad you found a solution. If you can find what your median or average pressure is with your range set to 5-16, then I would recommend that you use that average delivered pressure as your new minimum pressure. Using less range will be less disruptive to your sleep and will allow the machine to respond faster to your obstructive needs.

RE: Max Pressure Adjustment - larrygreg - 10-05-2019

Hi Sleeprider,

Thanks so much.  
From what I see on my prisma software;
Min 5
max 11.5
median 5
p 85 6.5
p 90 6.5
p 95 6.5

Should I leave it at 5 or up it to 6.5?

I have also been thinking of putting the humidifier back.  I had taken it off for the spring summer, but may put it back now to see if the sleep is more comfortable.

Larry

RE: Max Pressure Adjustment - Sleeprider - 10-05-2019

Interesting. It seems your pressure does not change much through the night, but you had a single peak pressure at 11.5. It will be interesting to look at the charts. I think trying 6.5 is a good choice, and you can decide if it works better for you. I'd like to see your AHI come down a bit and higher minimum pressure is a good way to get there.

RE: Max Pressure Adjustment - larrygreg - 10-05-2019

Again thanks for the advice.

I checked last nights data and my max was 6.5.  So not sure if that 11.5 was a fluke.

What could cause this IE: cough /sneeze/congestion

Made that change to 6.5 minimum and added the humidifier back.  Keeping it to 1 just to see if it helps the throat/nose in the morning.

Just wish I had a better maintenance schedule.  I should be better at washing my stuff out!!

RE: Max Pressure Adjustment - Sleeprider - 10-05-2019

It's a little tough flying blind without charts. What kind of events do you have? Are you using any exhale pressure reduction (SoftPAP)?