Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Pressure] Pressure change results - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Pressure] Pressure change results (/Thread-Pressure-Pressure-change-results)

Pages: 1 2

Pressure change results - PaulaO2 - 10-07-2019

This has been an interesting experiment. I have had my pressure at 15 - 20 for many years. My OA is under fantastic control (wish it would stay below 1 but, oh well) but the CA increases depending on medication use, moon phase, and alien invasion rate.

Then I started noticing the 95% dropping. It got to where it rarely went over 18. So I lowered my pressure range to 14-18.6. My CA reacts to severe drops/raises so I am taking it slow.

And the 95% lowered some more. Which is weird I think. Now it hasn't gone over 16.3. My median pressure dropped too. It has almost always been 15.x - 16 but now it is 14 - 14.8. Only a few times did it get over 15. The max has yet to go over 17.

The CI has remained roughly the same. The AI has remained its usual non-pattern self. HI is essentially non-existent.

I'd post a chart but not sure which day(s) to share. Nothing unusual going on. No med changes. No sleep pattern changes. No big weight loss (I wish!). I'm under more stress than the norm but eh. Pain levels and migraines have increased but that fluctuates anyway.

It's been over 2 weeks now so tonight I'm dropping it to 13-17. Wonder what will happen now.

RE: Pressure change results - PaulaO2 - 10-13-2019

I've had it at 13-17 for about 5 nights now. The AHI is well below 1 which is a rarity.

However, I'm waking each morning with a headache and my dreaming, especially my lucid dreaming, is becoming a problem. I've had odd dreams but last night I woke my wife up twice talking and yelling. I don't remember the dreams exactly but they were weird weird weird. And they were indeed lucid: i backed one up to get a closer look at some old cars sunk into resin. Told you the dreams were weird.

I've not been snoring.
The HI is zero (last night's though was .2 big woop)

Any advice?
Raise it again?
Let it ride and settle?
Put another layer of alien-proof barrier?

RE: Pressure change results - Crimson Nape - 10-13-2019

My first non-beneficial thought was your drug supplier was doing some offshore outsourcing.  Big Grin    

This is nothing more than a gut feeling, but maybe you're experiencing adverse effects from pressure changes.  A 1cm change at a lower pressure is a greater percentage change than the same at higher pressures.   For fun and giggles, I'd try setting the pressure to a straight 14 or 14.2 and try different sleeping positions.  

The reason I mention sleeping position is from recent experience.  I've found that by slightly facing down while side sleeping, my pressure barely raises over minimum the entire night.   I also experience a more restful sleep.  (To heck with the numbers!)

The downside from my idea might be headaches,higher numbers, sleep disruption, and weird dreams. . .basically everything that you are currently experiencing.

Your thoughts?

RE: Pressure change results - PaulaO2 - 10-14-2019

I've been waking sleeping on my back lately. Which is why I am surprised the AHI is still so low.

I typically react to pressure changes by increases in central events, but that hasn't happened either.

The Elbow Alarm says I've not been snoring. I'm not sure how to read the snore graph and basically just use it to confirm if an obstructive event was real or not if needed.

I'll raise the lower back to 14. Can't hurt and I'm tired of the headaches. And SWMBO is tired of the sleep yelling. Apparently I told her I was "swimming in cold water even though I can't swim. Doing rather well at it despite the wood." So no telling what the heck I was dreaming. The other was the cars in resin but she says I told her we never should have moved the wood of the neighbor's fallen down fence. Yeah, not a clue.

To recap, I moved it from 15/20 to 14/18.6 and now at 13/17. I'll move it to 14/17 in just a few minutes when i finally go to bed. Audio books are so easy to listen to and not realize it is after three a.m.

RE: Pressure change results - mper6794 - 10-14-2019

Hi, Paula
Your charts? Any FL out there?

Good luck

RE: Pressure change results - PaulaO2 - 10-14-2019

No, not really. As I understand it, it stays low.

But here.

Night of Weird Dreams (13/17 pressure range)

[attachment=16214]

Last night (no weird dreams (14/17)

[attachment=16215]

RE: Pressure change results - mper6794 - 10-15-2019

(10-14-2019, 09:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: No, not really. As I understand it, it stays low.

But here.

Hi, Paula,
your chart suggest what I have suspected. In my modest opinion, I think your FL is far from under control. Your pressure increasings are associated with them. I don't know what was  your FL historic; it may happens they have started bothered you much more, now you are decreasinging pressures. Yet you could still try an EPR: 3.0 (luckily it would work for you), you might know my opinion: out of BPAP, there would be no satisfactory solution for FL.

And you know what, on weird dreams? In my case (a former UARS/FL sufferer before BPAP), I used to have daily nightmares for a very...very...long while; different subjects, alway anxious, however ending up the very same way: awakening me up, sometimes gasping for air, and not rarely, with panic attack. Thanks Prana, all of this have gone nowadays.

Good luck

RE: Pressure change results - Crimson Nape - 10-15-2019

To me they don't look bad.  The latter chart's OA's look to me positional in nature.  Other than the dreams, do you feel rested?  The dreams could be be caused from stress or a medication change.   I will admit that I had some rather strange dreams while on very high doses of NSAIDs and pain medication after surgery.  You're not re-roofing again are you? Big Grin

RE: Pressure change results - SarcasticDave94 - 10-15-2019

(10-15-2019, 05:42 AM)mper6794 Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 09:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: No, not really. As I understand it, it stays low.

But here.

Hi, Paula,
your chart suggest what I have suspected. In my modest opinion, I think your FL is far from under control. Your pressure increasings are associated with them. I don't know what was  your FL historic; it may happens they have started bothered you much more, now you are decreasinging pressures. Yet you could still try an EPR: 3.0 (luckily it would work for you), you might know my opinion: out of BPAP, there would be no satisfactory solution for FL.

And you know what, on weird dreams? In my case (a former UARS/FL sufferer before BPAP), I used to have daily nightmares for a very...very...long while; different subjects, alway anxious, however ending up the very same way: awakening me up, sometimes gasping for air, and not rarely, with panic attack. Thanks Prana, all of this have gone nowadays.

Good luck

In these 2 charts, FL is 0.24 Max with 0.06 95% then 0.28 Max with 0.13 95%. I'm pretty sure this doesn't count as "FL is far from under control". Keep in mind that not everyone has identical xPAP therapy requirements. If keeping a tight control on FL helps your therapy, and fits your needs, that's perfectly acceptable for you to maintain strict control over this. However not everyone else needs that same strict control over FL.

RE: Pressure change results - PaulaO2 - 10-15-2019

I readily admit to not understanding the flow limitation. And tidal volume? Not a freakin' clue.

I tend to sleep on my back quite a bit. That's not possible to change as it is the best position for me.

What is considered a normal number or range for FL?

As for EPR, it is where it is best for me. Going in either direction results in increased CA events.