Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Woke up with chest pain - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Woke up with chest pain (/Thread-Woke-up-with-chest-pain)

Woke up with chest pain - Davidacarrick - 10-26-2019

Morning folks

I woke up this morning with chest pain and wonder if this is something that’s normal? I am using a Resmed airsense 10 auto with humidifier and climate line. Never had this before but felt like my whole chest was sore for 5 minutes on waking up, horrible feeling

Machine reads:

Usage hours: 7:47
Events per hour: 0.1
Mask seal good
Humidifier good 
Pressure 10.9
Leak 0L/min

RE: Woke up with chest pain - DeepBreathing - 10-26-2019

Hi David. You've been using the machine for a while or was this your first time? Some members report soreness in the intercostal muscles at first but that normally goes away after a few days. Have you done any unusual exertions or exercise (eg shifting furniture)?

If chest pain of unknown cause recurs, see a doctor. Don't delay.

RE: Woke up with chest pain - Davidacarrick - 10-26-2019

No I’ve Been using it for ages. Family all have the flu recently so wasn’t sure if it maybe the start of something. Not concerned about heart attack or anything as was like more intercostal pain all over the chest rather than an impending doom left chest pain if you get me!

RE: Woke up with chest pain - Gideon - 10-26-2019

David, a trip to the ER is called for to at least eliminate the obvious. If it was even a small heart attack it needs to be treated and evaluated. This is because your treatment has been in steady state for a while and thus is very unlikely to be the cause

RE: Woke up with chest pain - SarcasticDave94 - 10-26-2019

I'd get this checked ASAP even if that means via the ER. It might be any one of several things from heart attack, acid reflux; bronchitis and pneumonia can give chest pain as well. Go get it checked and be better for it.

RE: Woke up with chest pain - holden4th - 10-29-2019

(10-26-2019, 03:07 AM)Davidacarrick Wrote: No I’ve Been using it for ages. Family all have the flu recently so wasn’t sure if it maybe the start of something. Not concerned about heart attack or anything as was like more intercostal pain all over the chest rather than an impending doom left chest pain if you get me!

There is actually no typical type of chest pain if you are having heart issues. Mine was much like yours. It was central, there were no left arm or jaw pain issues, it didn't feel as if my chest was being crushed and I could exercise through it (the pain would go away) so to my thinking it could not be my heart. I was wrong!

Quite simply, follow the advice of previous posters and get it checked and do it via ER. They take chest pain very seriously.

If it's not your heart then you've at least eliminated this possibility.