Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it? (/Thread-Equipment-Respironics-DreamWisp-practical-way-to-clean-it)

Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it? - Whopperstopper - 10-29-2019

I have a new Cpap mask it is aRespirinics DreamWisp when I check on cleaning instructions many of the manufacturers say clean daily.  

From a practical point of view that is impossible in my humble opinion.

How do you clean it and how often in the real world is it cleaned?

Thank you,

Bill

RE: Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it? - SarcasticDave94 - 10-29-2019

I would rinse and refill the humidifier water tub daily. I'd suggest you should be OK with weekly washing of your hose, tub, and mask parts. Use very warm water and a bit of Dawn dish soap or equivalent. Soak in that for several minutes, lightly scrub all, then rinse with fresh warm water. I use running water to rinse the interior of the hose and everything else as well. Drain and thoroughly air dry. Change the machine filter monthly, sooner if it gets dirty faster. The machine itself can be wiped down with a cloth weekly as well.

PS forgot headgear, not sure of the type you've got, but some users have mentioned occasional laundering.

RE: Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it? - Andante - 10-30-2019

I wash the nose part every day. the actual frame i wash once a week in warm soapy water and rinse afterward. i usually do it in the morning and hang it on a rack. usually by night time it is dry

RE: Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it? - Whopperstopper - 10-30-2019

You Thank you why do you wash everyday?

I have been on a CPAP machine for 30+ years and I have never washed them daily I have washed them every 1-3 weeks in non scented soap currently deer hunters clothing washing soap.  So far so good.

I only use a humidifier in the winter.

What is the need for daily washing?

Do you have the DreamWisp mask?  It would be much harder to do that one daily in my humble opinion.

Thank you for your assistants!

RE: Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it? - Andante - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 11:38 AM)Whopperstopper Wrote: You Thank you why do you wash everyday?

I have been on a CPAP machine for 30+ years and I have never washed them daily I have washed them every 1-3 weeks in non scented soap currently deer hunters clothing washing soap.  So far so good.

I only use a humidifier in the winter.

What is the need for daily washing?

Do you have the DreamWisp mask?  It would be much harder to do that one daily in my humble opinion.

Thank you for your assistants!

I only wash the nosepiece every day. I have quitte oily skin and sweat a lot. So i do it on a daily base to keep it clean and fresh. I also noticed that the masks seals better if its clean. I have the dreamwhisp mask yeah. The nosepiece is easy removable. The headgear i only do once a week.

RE: Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it? - SarcasticDave94 - 10-30-2019

Daily cleaning for me? I empty that water tub, rinse once and refill with tap water. I do not have the DreamWisp but a ResMed F20 and N30i, neither of which are cleaned daily. My initial post was my take of what could be a reasonable cleaning schedule for some.

RE: Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it? - Whopperstopper - 10-30-2019

Thank you that makes sense.