Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResScan and MyAir - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResScan and MyAir (/Thread-ResScan-and-MyAir)

Pages: 1 2

ResScan and MyAir - Paulzy123 - 10-30-2019

Hello. 

New user here

Forgive me if this has been asked before. 
I tried to search but was not able to find an answer. 

I have installed ResScan on my pc. 
I use the my air app. 

Will the resscan program upload the data so I can view it on the app?

Thanks.

RE: ResScan and MyAir - MitchS - 10-30-2019

Your machine should upload your nightly data to MyAir. It takes a while after you turn the machine off for it to upload. You will need to go into the settings and set up an account, if you haven’t already done so. 

In order to load your data into ResScan, you will need to take the sd card out of you machine, put it into a usb reader connected to your computer in order to access the data on the card. You also need to set up an account in ResScan and then point it to the sd card when you import your data. 
Be sure you put the card back into you computer after importing your data so the machine will be able to write detailed data to it. If the card is not in the machine it will only be able to save summery data. 

If it your machine doesn’t have a card or you don’t have a card reader on your computer, you can buy them online or most any big box store

RE: ResScan and MyAir - sheepless - 10-30-2019

also note that the consensus around here is that resscan is okay but less useful and user friendly than oscar, which can be found on this site. I used to use sleepyhead and resscan in parallel but dropped resscan after a windows update removed the program and associated data. since then I've used sleepyhead and oscar together and expect to drop sleepyhead in the not too distant future.

RE: ResScan and MyAir - Paulzy123 - 10-30-2019

My device has an outdated modem innit. CDMA. As such it does not upload to myair.

I was hoping for an in home solution to get the data in that app rather than having to take the sim to my local rep.

RE: ResScan and MyAir - sheepless - 10-30-2019

myair is a cheerleading app with little use beyond that. also, I doubt that your rep looks at anything other than compliance. you'll get much better / more useful data from resscan and especially oscar. both of these are in home solutions to get data, data that will help you determine if you are getting all you should from the machine and against which forum members and your sleep medicine folks can fine tune your settings for optimum therapy. you take your sd card (not sim) and/or your machine to whoever wants to confirm compliance.

RE: ResScan and MyAir - AFM1 - 10-31-2019

I am trialling a Resmed S9 Vcap machine which has helped to bring down my central apnea's, it has an SD card but Osar and Resmed My Air cannot read it, so I to rely on the seeing my daily AHI's on the display on the S9 machine.

RE: ResScan and MyAir - DeepBreathing - 10-31-2019

AFM1, which exact model do you have? The name will be printed near the power button and the model number will be either on the back or bottom of the blower unit. Remove the humidifier tub before turning the machine over! (You may not need this warning but you'd be surprised how many people do.

I'm surprised that there is an S9 which doesn't work with Oscar. We might ask you to upload a copy of your card for the developers to have a look. Have you tried ResScan?

RE: ResScan and MyAir - AFM1 - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 05:01 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: AFM1, which exact model do you have? The name will be printed near the power button and the model number will be either on the back or bottom of the blower unit. Remove the humidifier tub before turning the machine over!  (You may not need this warning but you'd be surprised how many people do.

I'm surprised that there is an S9 which doesn't work with Oscar. We might ask you to upload a copy of your card for the developers to have a look.  Have you tried ResS
The sticker at the back the humidifier says Resmed H5i, and on the back the main unit it says Resmed S9, and on the top of the main unit it say Resmed and below that Pace Wave.
It doesn't really worry me as it is a trial machine until they work out what else is going on besides my OSA, My sleep doctor has arranged for me to have another sleep test next week, this time at an overnight in hospital sleep test as I am having a lot central apnea's and restless legs when asleep

RE: ResScan and MyAir - DeepBreathing - 10-31-2019

Thanks AFM1. Can you confirm that somewhere on the main blower unit is a sticker with the number 36377?

RE: ResScan and MyAir - AFM1 - 11-01-2019

(10-31-2019, 07:05 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Thanks AFM1.  Can you confirm that somewhere on the main blower unit is a sticker with the number 36377?

Yes your correct, REF 36377 whatever that means