Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Question about ResMed SD data card ... - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Question about ResMed SD data card ... (/Thread-Question-about-ResMed-SD-data-card)

Question about ResMed SD data card ... - bphrom - 02-16-2013

ResMed SD data card online store cost about $65.00 dollar.
What was the different from normal SD card that cost a few bucks in local computer stores and can't we use that normal card at all?

Cheers;

HuhHuhHuhHuh

RE: Question about ResMed SD data card ... - jgjones1972 - 02-16-2013

The ResMed card has a ResMed logo on it that is printed with a special ink that is harvested from a rare species of Jellyfish that can only be found in one small, secret area somewhere off the coast of Australia. The machine SD slot has a sensor in it that will detect if you insert an SD card that does not have this ink on it and will trigger a small incindiary device next to the flow generator that will destroy your machine!

Just kidding. You can use the cheaper card.

Laugh-a-lot

RE: Question about ResMed SD data card ... - bphrom - 02-16-2013

(02-16-2013, 01:40 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: The ResMed card has a ResMed logo on it that is printed with a special ink that is harvested from a rare species of Jellyfish that can only be found in one small, secret area somewhere off the coast of Australia. The machine SD slot has a sensor in it that will detect if you insert an SD card that does not have this ink on it and will trigger a small incindiary device next to the flow generator that will destroy your machine!

Laugh-a-lot

Now; just wondering how many people paid $65.00 for that jellyfish ink?
My wife paid $1.99 for a packet of ready to eat jellyfish from Chinese store and I tell you, jellyfish salad was yummm.

Big GrinBig Grin

RE: Question about ResMed SD data card ... - archangle - 02-16-2013

I saw something somewhere claiming that it was a commercially produced card, but had been checked and verified by the manufacturer to be sure it met safety requirements in terms of spacing between the wiring and components inside the card and your finger where you touched the card when you eject it.

It sounds mostly like BS to me, but I do know that some of the safety agencies, especially in Europe, are batdropping crazy about things like this, particularly spacing. Doubly so for medical equipment. There may actually be some legal requirements for a special card and extra testing.

Some of these safety requirements started after a few incidents of medical equipment shocking or electrocuting patients. Consider that medical equipment may be deliberately electrically hooked up to a patient like an EEG or ECG lead. Patients may be connected 24/7. Patients might be unconscious, sedated, drugged, mentally ill, or even restrained. Then, of course, the nurses tend to think all patients are crazy when they complain about something.

RE: Question about ResMed SD data card ... - zonk - 02-16-2013

(02-16-2013, 01:53 PM)bphrom Wrote: Now; just wondering how many people paid $65.00 for that jellyfish ink?
I got a spare Resmed card for $20 but still using the same card that came with the machine over two years
Phillips Respironcis cards are much cheaper and can be used with the S9
1Gb card is all you need and never get full as the S9 write most recent 30 days of detailed data and 365 days of therapy data on he card

RE: Question about ResMed SD data card ... - Ugly - 02-16-2013

(02-16-2013, 01:53 PM)bphrom Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 01:40 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: The ResMed card has a ResMed logo on it that is printed with a special ink that is harvested from a rare species of Jellyfish that can only be found in one small, secret area somewhere off the coast of Australia. The machine SD slot has a sensor in it that will detect if you insert an SD card that does not have this ink on it and will trigger a small incindiary device next to the flow generator that will destroy your machine!

Laugh-a-lot

Now; just wondering how many people paid $65.00 for that jellyfish ink?
My wife paid $1.99 for a packet of ready to eat jellyfish from Chinese store and I tell you, jellyfish salad was yummm.

Mine came with the SD card. Since it wasn't an out of pocket expense I don't know how much "extra" they charged.