Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
dreamstation noisy - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: dreamstation noisy (/Thread-dreamstation-noisy)

Pages: 1 2

dreamstation noisy - noenono - 11-28-2019

When using my dreamstation machine, I can hear the machine make loud breathing sounds as I inhale.  What can cause this.

RE: dreamstation noisy - SleeplessinPgh - 11-28-2019

(11-28-2019, 06:59 AM)noenono Wrote: When using my dreamstation machine, I can hear the machine make loud breathing sounds as I inhale.  What can cause this.

Are you using a humidifier?  Mine only does that when I don't fill the water tank.

RE: dreamstation noisy - SarcasticDave94 - 11-28-2019

I'd check your air connections and seals to see if things change. It could be your hose, the humidifier water chamber seal, or the humidifier unit seal as the DreamStation humidifier is a separate unit. It may be something else of course, such as the blower motor. Try the cheap and easy first though. Noises in general have been noted in the past with the DreamStation, either as a problem or sometimes as a design flaw. It's dependant on what you're actual noise complaint is caused by that indicates the cure.

RE: dreamstation noisy - noenono - 11-28-2019

I bought a new heated hose and mask.  The machine was making this inhaling breathing noise before I bought these items.  And yes, It still makes the noise with or without humidifier.

RE: dreamstation noisy - SarcasticDave94 - 11-29-2019

Can you describe the noise in detail? Is there anything that you do that changes it for the better or worse? Turning the DreamStation off or throwing it into the brick wall aren't exactly expected to apply in this case. Smile

RE: dreamstation noisy - Redcrew71 - 11-30-2019

Mine does when 2 things happen.  Lid not closed good.  Check gel gasket ensure it’s in the slots. Plus my nose pillow not seated firmly in olace

RE: dreamstation noisy - noenono - 11-30-2019

The sound is like when someone is on a respirator and you can hear the machine do the  breathing  for the person.  It's coming from the machine.

RE: dreamstation noisy - SarcasticDave94 - 11-30-2019

So I'm thinking they gave you the Darth Vader edition. Philips Respironics DeathStar CPAP Auto or some such.

Alright, it's got the variable breathing sound by that description, I'm supposing. OK this part isn't sarcasm, any wheezing or whistling-ish going on? Or just a blower varying between 2 breathing sounds more or less?

RE: dreamstation noisy - Hydrangea - 11-30-2019

On both my DreamStation Auto and my ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset, I can hear the breathe in/out sounds from the machine. When it annoys me, I turn on a fan in the room to give a little bit of white noise.

RE: dreamstation noisy - SarcasticDave94 - 11-30-2019

That's what I'm trying to bring out in my round about way. Is there a sound component that can be described to point to probable mechanical issues/something that needs fixed or is it just the CPAP is running sound that you're maybe not used to?