Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
persistent odor problem - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: persistent odor problem (/Thread-persistent-odor-problem--27212)

persistent odor problem - coolpal - 11-27-2019

I got my new Philips Resporonics Dreamstation from HDK ENT - Southside Infusion / DME located at 7700 Main Street Houston Texas 77030 (713-660-8888).  The machine has so much odor that I am not able to use it effectively since I wake up with headache!  I have complained to various people at the company and they have been telling me that there is nothing wrong with the machine.  It is just the plastic smell and it is not going to hurt you!  I have gotten replacement Switft FX Mask- Nasal Pillow which is not the issue.  I have been keeping the hose and the machine clean.  We have moved to a brand new house since last September 2018.  I have searched the internet and have found some complaints and seen reports of the odor issues.  I have requested Southside Infusion to replace this machine, since I am not been able to use it effectively.  I have been forcing my self to use since my oxygen level drops when I do not use it.  Since Medicare is providing it, the company is threatening me that they will will take my machine away!  What a nonsense!  They are not willing to take care of the replacement and keep giving me hard time.  I have cell phone and Vonage phone record of how many times I have called them.  I am completely unsatisfied with the machine and service that I have received so far!  I wanted all forum members to know about this issue.

DreamStation HUM Core Pack DOM DSXHCP

DreamStation Auto CPAP HUM HT Cell DDM

RE: persistent odor problem - sheepless - 11-27-2019

good for you! don't let 'em get away with it. I fought dme for almost 3 years over overcharges. where's the incentive to not cut corners & provide decent customer services if no one complains?

RE: persistent odor problem - jaswilliams - 11-28-2019

Just to say you guys are responding to a 3 yr old thread, but some people are sensitive to odours, but they should dissipate after a couple of days, there is nothing harmful in the odours

RE: persistent odor problem - RNeil - 12-03-2019

You can get condensation in the hose and machine after you turn it off. This can invite mold and other issues. You need to remove the humidifier chamber right after you turn the machine off. Then dump the water.

RE: [split] persistent odor problem - Sleeprider - 12-03-2019

I split this thread into a new topic as "Coolpal" is posting about a new problem. Hopefully he will receive more help in this new thread.

RE: [split] persistent odor problem - jaswilliams - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 09:51 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I split this thread into a new topic as "Coolpal" is posting about a new problem. Hopefully he will receive more help in this new thread.

Unfortunately he has not been back since this one and only post

Coolpal let us know how your doing now