Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
setting up Aircurve auto - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: setting up Aircurve auto (/Thread-setting-up-Aircurve-auto)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

setting up Aircurve auto - car54 - 12-10-2019

I would appreciate help in the initial settings of a Resmed Aircurve Auto. I found a used one with about 300 hours on it for $375.00. My current machine is a Dreamstation auto with settings from 9.5 to 12.5 with a EPR of 3. Additional information that might help is that i have asthma, allergies, moderate COPD and some emphysema.

Thanks much, Car54

RE: setting up Aircurve auto - Gideon - 12-10-2019

First a Factory Reset.
PS =2 to match your Flex of 3
Min EPAP = 7
Max IPAP = 12 6

RE: setting up Aircurve auto - Sleeprider - 12-10-2019

You were previously using 9.0-13 pressure with EPR 1 and 12-16 EPR 2, and your machine immediately went to the top of that pressure range due to flow limitations.  I'm going to recommend more pressure support rather than the same starting place.  I'd like to start at PS 3.0 but I expect to go higher contingent on what we see.  Recommendation is:
Mode Vauto
EPAP min 8.0
IPAP max 16.0
PS 3.0

[Image: BanFLMW.png]

[Image: 89tSes7.png]

RE: setting up Aircurve auto - car54 - 12-10-2019

It's all set up for my 1st run. It should be interesting. I'll probably report back tomorrow AM.
 Thanks, car54

RE: setting up Aircurve auto - SarcasticDave94 - 12-10-2019

(12-10-2019, 05:31 AM)car54 Wrote: I would appreciate help in the initial settings of a Resmed Aircurve Auto. I found a used one with about 300 hours on it for $375.00. My current machine is a Dreamstation auto with settings from 9.5 to 12.5 with a EPR of 3. Additional information that might help is that i have asthma, allergies, moderate COPD and some emphysema.

Thanks much, Car54

Best to ya Car54. I'm COPD too with a dose of complex apnea, mines at GOLD 1 but some aspects of GOLD 2 in that mix already. Hope you get your new machine to play nice.

Coffee

RE: setting up Aircurve auto - Sleeprider - 12-10-2019

Car54, if you have COPD, then protecting the exhale time is also important. We will talk more about trigger sensitivity at high and Ti Max at 1.8 tomorrow. Just leaving this note, no need to do anything.

RE: setting up Aircurve auto - car54 - 12-11-2019

results from last night.
[Image: DO3wWOJ.png]

medium tidal volume was up from normal of 400 to 460
expiration time went from about 1.4 to 2.44
respiration rate went down about 1 point
flow limits are lower
just 1 CA which I occasionally get.
overall it felt more natural to breath

So the initial results look very positive but  I am willing to make any suggested changes to see what may happen.

car54

RE: setting up Aircurve auto - OpalRose - 12-11-2019

Very good results!
Flow Limitations down, respiration looks better.

Following this with much interest, as I may be heading toward a VAuto also.

RE: setting up Aircurve auto - Sleeprider - 12-11-2019

I certainly would not change anything at this point. Results and comfort count. Your pressure only changed by up to 1.5 cm all night, so this reflects very good sleep without disruptions or arousals. Congrats!

RE: setting up Aircurve auto - SarcasticDave94 - 12-11-2019

Car 54, Ride with this for a while, see how it trends. Looking real good on that chart. Congrats.