Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
10 Years of Absolute Misery - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 10 Years of Absolute Misery (/Thread-10-Years-of-Absolute-Misery)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: 10 Years of Absolute Misery - 70sSanO - 12-15-2019

(12-15-2019, 10:21 AM)SorryIamNormal Wrote: So I tried the cervical collar and I taped my mouth last night. Not sure Ill do the collar again.  After this I don't have anything else to try until the Vauto gets here.  Went back to auto 14-15

Some people can’t wear a collar.  I do, but I make it as loose as possible and still able to support my chin.  When I first started to wear one it made it tighter and sometimes I felt like I was being choked.

Not saying it will work for you.

John

RE: 10 Years of Absolute Misery - SorryIamNormal - 12-15-2019

(12-15-2019, 03:39 PM)70sSanO Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 10:21 AM)SorryIamNormal Wrote: So I tried the cervical collar and I taped my mouth last night. Not sure Ill do the collar again.  After this I don't have anything else to try until the Vauto gets here.  Went back to auto 14-15

Some people can’t wear a collar.  I do, but I make it as loose as possible and still able to support my chin.  When I first started to wear one it made it tighter and sometimes I felt like I was being choked.

Not saying it will work for you.

John

Is there anything I can do *tonight to lower leaks with my Swift FX nasal pillows?  The only thing I can think of is to use medical tape and tape the thing to my face.  My two new pillow masks will take at least a week to get here.

RE: 10 Years of Absolute Misery - Gideon - 12-15-2019

with a strap around the end of your hose from the CPAP safety pin it to your pillow or your PJs. That keeps the weight of the hose from moving the mask hose.

RE: 10 Years of Absolute Misery - Osiris357 - 12-15-2019

(12-15-2019, 11:11 AM)SorryIamNormal Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think you will find the Vauto much more comfortable. Most people do  Your mask description fits the Philips Dreamwear Nasal mask or Resmed Airfit N30i. Both are nasal pillow designs with the air coupler above the headgear and tubed along the side.   I have enjoyed the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows for many years, but the headgear is not substantial and may slip.

The bleep mask just looked weird but I haven't tried it.  I will check out both the dreamwear and the airfit on ebay.  Dealing with Lincare is impossible.  Why you can't just call them and change your mask.  Just makes it too hard to change anything and I'm not driving 20 miles to get handed a bag again.  Does apria allow online ordering?  Maybe I can switch to them and bypass all this incompetence.

I'm paying for insurance I'd love to actually use it.

I have the same problem with lincare. I use both the F30 and P30i and they won’t let me go back and forth so I just have them send the more expensive F30 cushion and buy the P30i cushion online

(12-15-2019, 04:15 PM)Osiris357 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:11 AM)SorryIamNormal Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think you will find the Vauto much more comfortable. Most people do  Your mask description fits the Philips Dreamwear Nasal mask or Resmed Airfit N30i. Both are nasal pillow designs with the air coupler above the headgear and tubed along the side.   I have enjoyed the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows for many years, but the headgear is not substantial and may slip.

The bleep mask just looked weird but I haven't tried it.  I will check out both the dreamwear and the airfit on ebay.  Dealing with Lincare is impossible.  Why you can't just call them and change your mask.  Just makes it too hard to change anything and I'm not driving 20 miles to get handed a bag again.  Does apria allow online ordering?  Maybe I can switch to them and bypass all this incompetence.

I have the same problem with lincare. I use both the F30 and P30i and they won’t let me go back and forth so I just have them send the more expensive F30 cushion and buy the P30i cushion online

Do you know if Apria will let you change it without a bunch of work?  Apria has a web portal to reorder supplies, and I assume that's accessible to all customers.  I do know that Medicare won't allow (by rule) to automatically send new supplies. 

I'm going back to the sleep Dr on Jan 15th and that would be my opportunity to have the Dr's office fill out the forms to start with Apria.  I gave up on Lincare years ago.  Back in 2013 I gave up and they called me out of the blue in 2014.  It's an on again off again relationship, lol.

RE: 10 Years of Absolute Misery - SarcasticDave94 - 12-15-2019

When I am ready for CPAP supplies, I call Apria and they'll send the mask items according to 1) my script info on type: pillows, nasal, or full face and 2) unless specified, they'll send the same as last order.

RE: 10 Years of Absolute Misery - Osiris357 - 12-15-2019

(12-15-2019, 04:27 PM)SorryIamNormal Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 04:15 PM)Osiris357 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:11 AM)SorryIamNormal Wrote: The bleep mask just looked weird but I haven't tried it.  I will check out both the dreamwear and the airfit on ebay.  Dealing with Lincare is impossible.  Why you can't just call them and change your mask.  Just makes it too hard to change anything and I'm not driving 20 miles to get handed a bag again.  Does apria allow online ordering?  Maybe I can switch to them and bypass all this incompetence.

Do you know if Apria will let you change it without a bunch of work?  Apria has a web portal to reorder supplies, and I assume that's accessible to all customers.  I do know that Medicare won't allow (by rule) to automatically send new supplies. 

I'm going back to the sleep Dr on Jan 15th and that would be my opportunity to have the Dr's office fill out the forms to start with Apria.  I gave up on Lincare years ago.  Back in 2013 I gave up and they called me out of the blue in 2014.  It's an on again off again relationship, lol.

I’m not familiar with Apria but I’m sure others will be

(12-15-2019, 04:32 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: When I am ready for CPAP supplies, I call Apria and they'll send the mask items according to 1) my script info on type: pillows, nasal, or full face and 2) unless specified, they'll send the same as last order.

Did they have to fit you for your mask, and what is the procedure to change your mask?  The closets Apria branch location is 36 miles from me and requires two tolls.  Whenever I've dealt with Lincare the first question they ask is 'when can you come in?'.  My new response would be I don't drive.  And I don't (and too tired to now) drive that far when I'm this tired. 

Doesn't there have to be some sort of way to service those customers who can't/won't drive?  In other words I don't think they would offer to go out of my way for me.  And if I know there has to be some sort of rule to service those customers who don't drive in advance would help get them to help me. 

When I had Hopkins Pharmaquip they just came out in their blue van and never even asked me to drive there (which is a real PIA because it's downtown Baltimore).

RE: 10 Years of Absolute Misery - SarcasticDave94 - 12-15-2019

I have ResMed full face F20 and wanted to get a ResMed N30i. Apria wanted a new script then when they received it, they sent me the N30i kit. No visits for mask as an established customer for almost 3 years. I don't know if this is standard protocol, but that's how they handle me. My last resupply, I asked for P30i cushions in large, they fit the N30i frame. I have Medicaid through local welfare, they seem to act identical to Medicare in rules IMO.

RE: 10 Years of Absolute Misery - slowriter - 12-15-2019

(12-15-2019, 11:11 AM)SorryIamNormal Wrote: The bleep mask just looked weird but I haven't tried it.

Good things about the Bleep:
  • zero leaks
  • no headgear
  • no sizing worries
  • particularly if you hack a simple DIY diffuser, really quiet
Cons: really just the cost of the disposable Dreamports. My insurance covers it, but I still have to meet deductibles, etc.