Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ (/Thread-OSCAR-vs-Contec-CMS-RS01-RS-01-or-RS01)

Pages: 1 2

OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ - Mercoory - 12-18-2019

Dear fellow sleep members Smile

I would like to buy a Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ oximeter + inhalationmeter, as the price dropped significantly to the under $100 region.

My question is : Can I export the SpO2 data like its other Contec models (CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I) to OSCAR ?

Thank you for your help!

P.S.: Welcome ApneBoard! This is my first post! But I'm a member for a while Smile

RE: OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ - JoeyWallaby - 12-18-2019

From the oximeter import wizard in OSCAR, "OSCAR is currently compatible with Contec CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I serial oximeters".

RE: OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ - Mercoory - 12-19-2019

(12-18-2019, 09:03 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: From the oximeter import wizard in OSCAR, "OSCAR is currently compatible with Contec CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I serial oximeters".

Thank you JoeyWallaby,
I know that they work well, as you can see in my post Smile

So you can clarify 100% that RS-01 is not working with OSCAR?

RE: OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ - JoeyWallaby - 12-19-2019

No idea, hopefully someone that knows more sees the thread and can help you.

RE: OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ - selfcoacher - 02-12-2021

Wondering if flow data from the Contec RS01 can be imported in OSCAR?

RE: OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ - GuyScharf - 02-13-2021

No one on the development team has one of these, nor have any users reported experience with it, so we do not know whether OSCAR will work with it or not. Given recent changes in the CMS50 series purchased from Chinese sites, I am fairly sure that OSCAR will not support it directly (by cable) without development work in OSCAR. If that model also uses Contec's SpO2 Assistant, it is possible, but not certain that some of the files created by the Assistant could be imported into OSCAR. Certainly some of the other data this device collects has no place to be stored in OSCAR now.

RE: OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ - selfcoacher - 03-20-2021

RS01 produces a bin/binary raw file that is not importable into OSCAR. It has nasal flow curve data, ppg, heartrate and oximetry. Would any developer be interested in taking a look at the raw file to see if it is possible to adjust it for import into OSCAR?

RE: OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ - sawinglogz - 03-22-2021

I would definitely be interested...eventually. There's a lot of cleanup in the loaders & oximetry that I've been meaning to get to, after which OSCAR (and I) would be in a position to tackle completely new devices.

Of course, if anyone else wants to tackle it before that, don't let me get in the way.

At the very least, anyone will need a few sample raw files along with a PDF that the official software produces for those sessions.

RE: OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ - nachumk - 10-22-2022

Hey,
I'm also interested in this support. I have 4 PDF results and 4 BIN files. It's a pretty standard type of hex data file (from what I can tell). Looked like it's broken into something like 0x200 chunks, each for a part of a second. I was able to modify one a few months back to limit the analysis time (as the monitor fell out during those hours). Sadly the included software can't do any of that. It's super limited.
Can you let me know if you can look into adding support for this in Oscar? I can provide the files to you - just let me know how.
Thanks!
Noah

RE: OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ - HeyBigGuy - 10-25-2022

I'm interested in taking a look at the data.  Do these devices have CSV export by chance?

I was just posting about making a new importer for my Viatom Checkme Pro device which isn't compatible with the current Viatom import.  I can't cross link to that thread as I'm a new member but just check my recent posts or started threads.   I mentioned the RS01 in that thread as a device that might benefit from a generic type of CSV importer.... speculating that user might have CSV as an option. 

@nachumk I will send you a private message about access to your sample files.