Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc. (/Thread-hey-TORONTO-I-need-Sleep-Dr-for-UARS-FL-s-EERS-etc)

hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc. - cary1 - 12-23-2019

Hello from Toronto.   I am just staring out but It looks like I  have a lot of problems with Flow Limitations, Central Apneas and RERA's.  I guess from reading the forum that I will need help creating an expanded breathiing space---EERS!  So I am looking for a forward thinking Sleep Doc in the GTA who is willing to look at my Oscar charts and help with EERS design for example or prescribe a bi level machine.  Any recommendations anyone?

RE: hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc. - Sleeprider - 12-23-2019

Cary, I wrote the EERS wiki on Apnea Board and the forum members have a lot of experience coaching users to overcome problems like you describe. I'm sure you have seen some of the current threads discussing machine settings and use of EERS. It will be helpful if you download the free OSCAR program and post a chart or two as shown in the links in my signature below this post. That will give us information on your current machine, settings, events and respiration statistics that we use to help you optimize settings. Welcome to Apnea Board. It looks like you have done some good preliminary reading

RE: hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc. - cary1 - 12-23-2019

Thanks Sleeprider for the quick reply. 

I would still like to have a Sleep Doctor, who is interested in these types of circumstances, to follow me.

A recommendation (hey Toronto) would be really helpful.

RE: hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc. - Gideon - 12-23-2019

The only doctors and sleep centers that I am aware of that use EERS are in the Boston area. I know, not a good solution for you.
Call the local doctors' offices and ask who is very familiar with treating those, ask the techs in your local DME's which doctors treat these with success. Wish you good luck and happy holidays.

RE: hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc. - cary1 - 12-23-2019

Thanks Bonjour for your thoughts.  It's hard to believe that this stuff is going unnoticed (here in Toronto too).  I was hoping one of the forum members here would have had a good experience and could give a recomendation.  I'm guessing that I need a Doctor onside to give instructions to the lab to create the EERS and to perscribe a bi level machine.

RE: hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc. - Sleeprider - 12-23-2019

We provide contact information for a DME in Boston that assembles the units and also how to DIY the EERS. The DME will make those up with a prescription from any doctor, but the challenge is going to be getting your doctor to come up-to-speed on EERS and read the articles.