Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed S9 VPAP TX - accessing data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed S9 VPAP TX - accessing data (/Thread-Resmed-S9-VPAP-TX-accessing-data)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Resmed S9 VPAP TX - accessing data - ApneaQuestions - 12-25-2019

Two questions on this machine..
It is a SPECIAL machine used by Sleep Labs (not a consumer model)

1) S9 versus S10 algorithms

Can anyone confirm if the ASV and ASVAuto algorithms in the S9 are IDENTICAL to those in the S10 Aircurve ASV?
Specifically, I'm trying to ensure that the S9 algorithm is not the old-style algorithm that caused all the fuss about left ventricular ejection fractions.

This next question is a long-shot...

2) Has anyone figured out a way to access the data?

These machines do not write to the SDCard even though the machine has an SDcard slot. (I discovered this too late.. should have done my homework).
This is not a Consumer Model so the SDCard access is deemed unimportant because...
The intended use is by hooking them up to a "TXLink" and then hooking the TXLink up to a PC and then using "EasyCare TX" Software

2A) I am hoping that someone has reverse-engineered the protocol on the connector at the back of the machine to avoid needing these addons.
This would allow access to the data directly without needing the TXLink or the EasyCareTX software

2B) Alternatively, has anyone reverse-engineered the protocol between the TXLink and the EasyCareTX software?
This would still require the TXLink but would avoid needing the EasyCareTX software to read it.

2C) Has anyone come across a freeware alternative to the EasyCareTX software?
This would still require the TXLink but would avoid needing the EasyCareTX software to read it.
That software will be way too expensive if the going in assumption is that the user is a Commercial Sleep Lab

Note: I am not interested in driving this machine remotely as would happen in a sleep lab titration study.
I simply want to get access to the data generated as the machine is running to feed into OSCAR.
If the machine wrote to the SDCard, I would not be asking these questions.

RE: Resmed S9 CPAP TX - accessing data - 70sSanO - 12-25-2019

I know the Aircurve 10 ASV writes to an SD card.

Not sure about the S9 ASV, but I have an S9 Elite and S9 Autoset and both had no issues with an SD card.

My guess is that the SD card you are using won’t work. I “think” there is a GB limit. Also I’ve seen some discussion about problems with some SDHC cards. Most likely with an S9.

John

RE: Resmed S9 CPAP TX - accessing data - ApneaQuestions - 12-25-2019

I updated my first post to clarify.
This machine certainly does not write to the SDCard.
It is not a consumer model.. it is specifically for Sleep Labs to use via remote control during titration.
They don't need SDCard capability because all the data is traveling via the TXLink.
I guess Resmed save a few bucks by not hooking up to the SDcard since it's not needed.

RE: Resmed S9 CPAP TX - accessing data - DeepBreathing - 12-25-2019

The TX is not a general purpose cpap machine as we commonly understand them. It is a special diagnostic model designed for use in a clinic to gather polysomnograph data. There is no need for it to write to an SD card when by default is is connected to a bank of monitors and data recorders. Given its specific use, I'd be very surprised if anybody has reverse-engineered any part of the machine or its software.

https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcare-professional/products/devices/s9-vpap-tx.html

https://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/products/titration/s9-vpap-tx/product-brochure/1016080r1_s9-vpap-tx_product-brochure_glo_eng.pdf

Edit: Looks like Apneaquestions and I were typing at the same time. Smile Good thing we came up with the same answer.

Yes. That's why I said "This next question is a long-shot..." :-(

However, question 1 is easier to answer..

Are the S9 and S10 ASV algorithms identical?

I suppose they MUST be because I'm not seeing a S10 Titration machine.
The Labs are still using S9 TX machines.

But I wanted to be certain.

Hooking myself up to a machine that does not give me results is crazy.
Hooking myself up to an unknown algorithm would be insane.

P.S> No.. I'm not touching the darn machine unless I can get data out of it.
I guess I could buy the TXLink and try to get hold of the software but the cost is probably astronomical for the software.
That's assuming you can even buy it without a license.
I know I can get the TXLInk... it's the titration software that worries me.

AFAIK the S9 and A10 ASV algorithms are either identical or else very very close. I used an A10 for a month or so when my S9 machine was undergoing repairs - the "feel" was very similar though the A10 felt a bit more aggressive. I dropped all pressure settings by 1 cm and the experience was then pretty much identical.

Bingo!

I found the software I need!

No reverse-engineering necessary.

Well don't keep it to yourself! Smile What did you find and where was it?

RE: Resmed S9 CPAP TX - accessing data - jaswilliams - 12-26-2019

The later S9 and Aircurve ASV has two modes ASV mode and Auto ASV mode.

The older ASV mode in my mind is not bad, but has fixed epap to clear obstructive apnoea, where as in the auto ASV mode the epap rises due to snores, flow limitations and Apnoeas if required.

It is not the machine that caused the issues with the flawed HF study but the study its self.

RE: Resmed S9 CPAP TX - accessing data - ApneaQuestions - 12-26-2019

(12-25-2019, 10:17 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Well don't keep it to yourself! Smile  What did you find and where was it?

Oh yes... I forgot to post the link.

The software is actually free on the resmed site.

I suppose they make all their profits by selling these specialized machines for a King's ransom.

The software is available and free because it only has value for someone buying the machine in the first place.

By having a free link this lets them post updated versions to fix bugs for the their customers without getting into a complicated automatic online update procedure. 
(bugs?..surely not!!.. they are well thought out features!!)  ;-)

https://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare-professional/support/titration/easycare-tx-titration-software..html

EDIT: TX should be Tx (as in Patient=Px, History=Hx, Prescription=Rx, Titration=Tx presumably)