Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New User, attached Oscar screenshots - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New User, attached Oscar screenshots (/Thread-New-User-attached-Oscar-screenshots)

Pages: 1 2

New User, attached Oscar screenshots - sndraco - 12-30-2019

[attachment=18505][attachment=18506][attachment=18507]Both for couple of days AHI was high, and couple it was low. I don't use a cervical collar and have a full face mask F20 I believe. 

Thanks much

RE: New User, attached Oscar screenshots - sndraco - 12-30-2019

I do have EPR on also.

RE: New User, attached Oscar screenshots - Geer1 - 12-30-2019

I would increase minimum pressure to 6 and turn ramp off. Ramp is just delaying your treatment and min pressure of 4 is providing subpar treatment. You could increase max to 12 just in case the machine needs a little more room to run on a bad night, you didn't max out in these examples but did come close all three nights.

A number of your events are CA and often occurring on their own or in pairs. If you looked closer at flow data you will probably see that these are post arousal/sleep transition style CA's which are normal. The number of these events fluctuates, some nights you may not have any and others you may have a bunch. I wouldn't worry too much about them unless they start occurring in larger numbers.

RE: New User, attached Oscar screenshots - jaswilliams - 12-31-2019

I would try reducing EPR to 2 I think this would reduce the CA’s or ignore and the CA’s will reduce over time as your body gets used to the extra ventilation provided by the Resmed

RE: New User, attached Oscar screenshots - sndraco - 12-31-2019

Thanks much. My home sleep study showed and AHI of 24.6. CA of 0.8, Obstructive of 1.0, Hyopnea of 22.8. My EPR was a 3 and have changed it to 2.

RE: New User, attached Oscar screenshots - Geer1 - 12-31-2019

Sounds good, try that for a bit and see if it makes any difference on CA events. Some of these might have been treatment induced and lowering the EPR slightly could help if that is the case.

Post a couple updates in a few days after you have seen what effect the changes have had. A slight increase in minimum pressure may help but might as well start off slow with only a few changes at a time.

RE: New User, attached Oscar screenshots - mesenteria - 12-31-2019

It is often the case that your 'event's are found in pairs or groups.  This tends to indicate restriction of flow over a short period until you experience wakefulness and turn over to do 'something' to break the pattern.  Often the only problem is the position of the head relative to the torso, and that is one where your chin tucks down closer to your chest.  This occurs most often when sleeping in the supine position, on one's back, but not always...not necessarily.  I tuck my own chin even on my side and have to position my hands under my chin.

It might be worth trying to keep a rolled hand towel around your neck, retained with a safety pin, to see if that makes most of these events go away.  If it happens after two or three nights, consistently, you may have your answer.  This is assuming the lowering of the EPR doesn't take care of it by itself.  If the towel does it, you might be interested in a soft foam cervical collar.  It's what we advise people to purchase.

RE: New User, attached Oscar screenshots - sndraco - 01-03-2020

Thanks much post changing the EPR to 2, my AHI has come down to below 1 each night for the last 3 nights, 0.62, 0.49, and 0.58. I assume thats about as low as it gets or can go.

I am having some increased leaks and also for some reason I seem to be using a lot more water from my humidifier (3-5x what I normally use) though this isn't related to the EPR as its happening for last 7 days or so.

Thanks to all

RE: New User, attached Oscar screenshots - Geer1 - 01-04-2020

You use more water during leaks as you are pumping your humidified air into the room at a much faster rate. If you can figure out what is causing the leaks you will also figure out why your water usage has increased.

RE: New User, attached Oscar screenshots - Sleeprider - 01-04-2020

sndrako, if you are getting condensation, consider getting a fleece cover for the tube. Even with a heated tube the cover can help to quiet it and make it more comfortable as well as reduce condensation. Be sure the hose rises from the machine and drops to your bed. This helps any water to drain back to the machine and prevents you from pulling the machine off a side table. Finally if you don't have a heated tube, request your doctor to include that in your Rx.