Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? (/Thread-ResMed-AirSense-10-Machine-Lifespan)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? - dreamstream - 01-13-2020

How long should one expect these CPAP machines to last?

Have a 2019 ResMed AirSense 10 and have been using it every night for a year. (AHI is down to .25 after dialing it all in over the last 6 months and finally feeling great!)

Don't have any kind of plan that forces upgrades or pays for them for that matter.

Curious how many years people are getting out of these machines before they have to be replaced?

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? - OpalRose - 01-13-2020

They should have a minimum 5 year lifespan or longer. If you have insurance, they sometimes replace a unit after that period of time.

Many folk though get more usage than that, so you should be ok.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? - dreamstream - 01-13-2020

Great to know. Thank you!

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? - Cruiser - 01-13-2020

They are designed for 20k hours or 7yrs.  It may however be more or less. 

There was someone using one with 35k hours (12yrs, 8hrs per night)

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? - dreamstream - 01-13-2020

Great. Nice. That is pretty solid longevity. Thought maybe it was something like 2-3 years.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? - mbouy - 01-16-2020

I have a resmed airsense 10 auto which I'm looking to repair or replace, it's 2.5 years old with 6000 hours usage. One night it got suddenly noisy, which is consistent with other users finding the blower bearings fail.

I'm in Australia, but bought new from the US as it was half the cost, delivered.

The local reps are keen to point out that it would still be under warranty if I'd bought local, and I point out I could have bought 2 for the same price.

I'm shopping around for repair quotes now, have already referred to the supplier's list here. The blower is in a sealed plastic casing with 2 bearings of different but common sizes. I'm happy to replace it myself if I can source the part.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? - dreamstream - 01-16-2020

Thank you. Is any maintenance of these machines required that can extend their life? Didn't find anything about that anywhere and do you know if those bearings are repairable if that is a common issue?

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? - OpalRose - 01-16-2020

I don't think there is a whole lot you can do except changing the filters, and keeping things clean in general.  Oh and don't pull the machine off the nightstand onto the floor....ask me how I know. Smile

Unfortunately, just like anything else, you can get a lemon and it will break down in a year or two. But for the most part, these machines last a fairly long time.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? - dreamstream - 01-16-2020

Hahaha. Right. Maybe someone needs to make a rubber travel phone case for these machines or a mount that fixes them to nightstands. Safety first!

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? - HL649 - 01-20-2020

I have a S9 with a little over 20,000 hrs on it. It still runs the same when new.