Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Climate control tube - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Climate control tube (/Thread-Climate-control-tube)

Pages: 1 2

Climate control tube - 2tall - 02-27-2013

Hello to all. Question : I've got climatecontrol line on my H5i...thinks its not working (rainout). Line is not warm at all. Anyone no of a way to check if its failed???

RE: Climate control tube (Moved to Main Forum) - Sleepster - 02-27-2013

I moved your post here to Apnea Board Main Forum where more users will see it.

I don't use a ResMed machine but perhaps someone who does can point you to the proper setting on your machine.

RE: Climate control tube (Moved to Main Forum) - trish6hundred - 02-27-2013

Hi 2tall,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone who really knows the intricacies of the resmed machine's menu structure will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: Climate control tube (Moved to Main Forum) - Shastzi - 02-27-2013

Hi 2Tall,
I think that when you hook it up the color display should show a small thermometer icon that you can select and set temps with.
If you don't see that then the S9 is not percieving the climate line hose as being hooked up.
Possible electrical issues with the contacts on the hose/machine or a break in the hose wiring itself.
I will need to use mine tonight for the first time so I'll have more ideas later.

Cheers!

Sleep-well

RE: Climate control tube (Moved to Main Forum) - bphrom - 02-27-2013

(02-27-2013, 08:09 AM)2tall Wrote: Hello to all. Question : I've got climatecontrol line on my H5i...thinks its not working (rainout). Line is not warm at all. Anyone no of a way to check if its failed???

It happened to me one I found out that I fill to much water into the Hum..
Check your hum...set up . Set on auto will be better..

Cheers,

RE: Climate control tube (Moved to Main Forum) - jgjones1972 - 02-27-2013

Some things to try:

Disconnect Climateline from H5i and check to make sure that the pin conductors (the 3 metal dots in the orange part) in the end are clean and dry. You can make sure they are clean by rubbing them with the edge of a dry pencil eraser. Also make sure that the 3 pin connectors are clean, dry and unbroken in the twist lock mechanism on the H5i.

With S9 and H5i connected and power on make sure the soft rubber cap for twist lock on the H5i is off to the side and out of the way, slide hose end on connector port with the orange part positioned at 3 o'clock then twist clockwise until connector clicks into place and locks with orange part at 6 o'clock. The screen on the S9 should momentarily say "Climate Control Enabled".

Settings:
Check the screen on the S9. The main screen should have a water drop and thermometer icon at the left. If the water drop and thermometer are right next to each other, then your climate control is set to "Auto", if the water drop and thermometer are separate icons with the water drop icon above the thermometer icon, then your climate control is set to manual. If set to "Auto", you can control the hose temperature, but the S9 uses sensors to control the humidity level. If set to manual, you can set the hose temp and humidity level seperately. Turn the knob button until either the water drop/thermometer icon (if set to auto) or the thermometer icon (if set to manual) is highlited then click knob button down. This takes you into hose temp. setting and you should see a temperature on the screen (either in degrees F or C). Click knob button down. The screen should turn orange. Turn knob clockwise to increase temp, counter clockwise to decrease temp. Turn temperature to maximum temp. (86F or 30C). Click knob button down to set that temp. (screen should turn blue), then turn knob button to return to home.

When the hose is set to maximum warmth and the pressure is on it should feel a little warm if you are in a cold room. If you are in a warm room already, then the outside of the tube probably won't feel warm. The heating element is on the inside of the tube, so even though the inside might be 86F or 30C, the outside of the tube won't feel as warm as that.

Tips:
-Make sure the metal connection on ClimateLine and H5i are always clean dry when you connect them.

-If Climate Control is set to "Auto" (water drop and thermometer icon together as one icon) and you are getting rain-out, then something is broken or malfunctioning (probably the ClimateLine).

-If Climate Control is set to "Manual" and you are getting rain-out, then you will either have to turn the hose temperature up (thermometer icon) , or turn the humidity level down (water drop icon - humidity levels go from Off and 1 to 6 with 6 as the highest). If you have the hose temp set at max (86F or 30C) and humidty level set at 5 or lower and you aren't in an extremely humid climate, then something is either broken or malfunctioning (probably the ClimateLine).

-If you don't get the "Climate Control Enabled" prompt on the screen when you connect the ClimateLine, then it is either not connected right or something is broken or malfunctioning (probably either the climate line or connection port on the H5i humidifier)

Hope some of this helps.

Sleep-well

RE: Climate control tube (Moved to Main Forum) - Ugly - 02-27-2013

Settings:
Check the screen on the S9. The main screen should have a water drop and thermometer icon at the left. If the water drop and thermometer are right next to each other, then your climate control is set to "Auto", if the water drop and thermometer are separate icons with the water drop icon above the thermometer icon, then your climate control is set to manual.
[/quote]

It's pretty well stated, that your machine must be set to Auto in order to work properly. That way it can be automatically calibrated. With this you can control the temperature instead of the humidity. I keep mine set at 30°C the warmest it will go. That is, when I can get away with it. Apparently the ClimateLine causes radio interference. If you have it set to manual then it's up to you to configure it properly and there's no assurance it will prevent rainout.

RE: Climate control tube (Moved to Main Forum) - zonk - 02-27-2013

(02-27-2013, 08:09 AM)2tall Wrote: Hello to all. Question : I've got climatecontrol line on my H5i...thinks its not working (rainout). Line is not warm at all. Anyone no of a way to check if its failed???
my hose does not get warm either but I don,t get rainout with the climate control on auto
a simple way to check if H5i is working, remove water tank and disconnect the hose
set the warm up mode after few minutes, place your hand carefully above the heater plate

this climateline user instruction might be of some help (explain the setup, climate control auto and manual modes
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/documents/product/climateline/user_instructions/368715r2_climateline-climatelinemax_user-instructions_glo_eng.pdf

RE: Climate control tube (Moved to Main Forum) - 2tall - 02-28-2013

(02-27-2013, 09:36 AM)Shastzi Wrote: Hi 2Tall,
I think that when you hook it up the color display should show a small thermometer icon that you can select and set temps with.
If you don't see that then the S9 is not percieving the climate line hose as being hooked up.
Possible electrical issues with the contacts on the hose/machine or a break in the hose wiring itself.
I will need to use mine tonight for the first time so I'll have more ideas later.

Cheers!

Sleep-well

Thanks

RE: Climate control tube (Moved to Main Forum) - Shastzi - 02-28-2013

That's true the hose does not *feel* warm to me either.
So...it must be warming up to just above dew point to keep condensation from building up.
I noticed that there is a thermal sensor inside the mask end so that is probably how it works.

Cheers!