Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Headache every morning - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Headache every morning (/Thread-Headache-every-morning)

Pages: 1 2

Headache every morning - duece12345 - 02-22-2020

I seem to be getting a dull headache every morning.  They go away about 10 mins after I wake.  I have recently increased my EPR (from 1-2) to help my flow limit.  I have also increased my max pressure (docs orders) although it doesn't look like the machine is utilizing it. It seemed slightly better after turning back down to EPR to 1, but the flow limit went back up. And the headache is still there. Any ideas? Maybe turn off EPR totally?

I will also say that it feels like my therapy is not effective. I am tired in the morning most mornings, regardless of length of sleep. Doc says therapy looks good and it is probably something else. I am not sure how to proceed or if this is something outside of cpap therapy.

RE: Headache every morning - JoeyWallaby - 02-22-2020

Post close-ups of the flow rate on events where you used the highest EPR setting, close enough that you can see the individual breaths.

RE: Headache every morning - duece12345 - 02-22-2020

here you go.

RE: Headache every morning - Gideon - 02-22-2020

No question that you are having flow limits, but they are at a level where they may be at a level where they are not bothering you. Don't chase them just because they are there

RE: Headache every morning - Plmnb - 02-22-2020

Hi.

Are your headaches behind or near your eyes?

I was told, finally, after years of suffering with these short lived headache periods, which I only had upon awakening, that they were caused by lower oxygen levels.  I always seemed to have them without pap therapy and now I don't have them since I started therapy.

Have you thought about having this checked out?

Plmnb

Yes they are generally behind my eyes in the forehead area

(02-22-2020, 09:32 AM)bonjour Wrote: No question that you are having flow limits, but they are at a level where they may be at a level where they are not bothering you.  Don't chase them just because they are there

I am it sure which way to go then.  Up on EPR or down?  I guess I could experiment for a couple of days.

RE: Headache every morning - Crimson Nape - 02-22-2020

This is just my two cents. I think I'd just bump up the starting pressure of 7 cm to 8 cm and take another look. This should help with the hypopneas and may help reduce your headaches.

Ok I’ll give that a shot

RE: Headache every morning - JoeyWallaby - 02-22-2020

Yea that's some mild flow limitation, definitely try to deal with the hypopneas first with a higher min pressure.