Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[News] ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [News] ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir (/Thread-News-ResMed-Stonewalling-Legitimate-Question-on-MyAir)

Pages: 1 2 3

ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir - srlevine1 - 02-26-2020

Oh-jeez Following up on the 3G communications issue...

Quote:The request...

The following support request has been submitted for myAir:

Hey guys, What will happen after December 31, 2020 when the telco cuts off 3G service in the United States? Will I need to replace my machine if I want to keep using MyAir? 

Steve
Quote:The form email response...

Hello,

We provide assistance on using the myAir™ site. This includes items such as site navigation, registration help, password resets, missing data, etc. We are not a clinical resource and cannot provide answers to questions related to your therapy, equipment, insurance, or pricing.

Please contact your healthcare or home medical equipment provider who originally provided you with your machine for these types of questions. If you do not know who your home medical equipment provider is, we can assist you locate one in your area.

Regards,

Your MyAir Support Team

Obviously, this affects the data being transmitted from my device to ResMed for use on their MyAir application. One might assume that they do care what happens to a significant portion of their user base,

I will keep trying and report back.

Steve

RE: ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir - 70sSanO - 02-26-2020

I believe the Airsense and Aircurve 10 machines are 4G in USA and Canada. My Aircurve 10 ASV manual provides this info.

I know that is not good news for a lot of folks, but it probably works for you.

John

RE: ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir - Needhelp2 - 02-26-2020

My US Aircurve manual says 2G

RE: ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir - Crimson Nape - 02-26-2020

I'm curious, what are the first four numbers of your SN? Mine is 2315, so my unit was constructed in 2015, but no manual came with it. I'm wondering if it can be figured out when they changed the modem.

RE: ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir - DeepBreathing - 02-26-2020

A serious question here - if MyAir disappeared, would you miss it? We've seen a lot of posts to the effect that MyAir provides little of value apart from a brief overview and a lot of "you're doing great" type messages. Given that Oscar is freely available, does MyAir serve any ongoing purpose?

RE: ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir - srlevine1 - 02-26-2020

Does anyone know when they changed from 3G to 4G?

from the about screen

sw sx558-0324
sn 2316
provider - blank
type cdma
service - blank

from the manual...
Technology used: CDMA (USA only)
4G (USA and Canada only) 3G
2G (all regions except USA and Canada)
Frequencies CDMA (850/1900
MHz)
4G (700/850/1900 MHz)
3G (850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100 MHz)
2G (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
Max RF power output CDMA 24.5 dBm
4G 23.0 dBm
3G 24.0 dBm
2G 33.0 dBm

RE: ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir - Gideon - 02-26-2020

I wouldn't miss it DB, but it is better than nothing. It does encourage compliance, and on Facebook I see a lot of bragging about the good scores received, and then there is the what did i do wrong based on MyAir. That lets me introduce OSCAR and AB

RE: ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir - Damiansd - 02-26-2020

(02-26-2020, 10:26 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: A serious question here - if MyAir disappeared, would you miss it? We've seen a lot of posts to the effect that MyAir provides little of value apart from a brief overview and a lot of "you're doing great" type messages. Given that Oscar is freely available, does MyAir serve any ongoing purpose?

For us in Australia, I see no point to that. For people in the States I suspect you need it to maintain insurance compliance right?

D.

RE: ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir - 70sSanO - 02-27-2020

It’s funny that when I took reports into my doctor, the receptionist looked the Rescan and asked what is was and said that they only want to see MyAir. I also had a MyAir report and she was happy to add it to my file.

But my doctor was more interested in the Rescan reports.

I do know the DME uses MyAir for insurance purposes for compliance.

I’ve been tempted to put my mask on a mannequin head and run my machine all night. I want to see if I can game the system. If there are no leaks, I figure the mannequin will get 70 points for usage, 20 points for seal, 0 points for events (7 hours of not breathing) and 5 points for on/off = 95 points.

If that does holds true, it did occur to me that I could die during the night and still get a congratulations email from MyAir the next morning. I know the app will say, “Excellent results. As you start to see the benefits in your life you’ll never look back.” Ain’t that the truth... lol!

John

RE: ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir - 70sSanO - 02-27-2020

Back to the 3G/4G question.

On the bottom of my Aircurve 10 machine is the following:

FCC IDi. 2ACHL-AIR104G.

I googled that and found documents that also has a FCC IDi. 2ACHL-AIR103G.

I didn’t do any more research, but it seems that the 3G and 4G at the end of the FCC ID “might” indicate the broadband technology.

It may be worth it to flip your machine over and look at the FCC ID.

John