Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
GurdBonk Starting - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: GurdBonk Starting (/Thread-GurdBonk-Starting)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

GurdBonk Starting - GurdBonk - 02-27-2020

Well my new machine has arrived and it's waiting at UPS for me to pick up here in a few hours. I had an original sleep study 3 1/2 years ago. Was in complete denial so did Not pursue therapy at the time. Edit. OK how do I include photos/screenshots of my sleep study report from 2016 and my followup titration study from 2020?

RE: GurdBonk Starting - GurdBonk - 02-27-2020

Arrgghh. Not sure how to upload multiple pages

Next few pages of original study

Next three pages of original study

Last two pages of original study 2016

A little over three years later, my sleep degrading, I am dating a lovely doctor, she says my Apnea is horrible, time to get a cpap. So I go back to the original place, new sleep doc, she says she will schedule me for a titration study. That occurs early in Jan. I ask tech that morning as I am leaving facility, how I did on the cpap. She says she cannot share info. 5 weeks later I see not the sleep doc (too busy) but her NursePractioner sleep expert. She says they ran the machine up to 11 and it didn't fix the problem. So time for more studies, in fact, I likely need 4-5 more titration studies with various Cpap Bipap machines, probably take 4-6 months. I left the place.... unhappy.... to say the least. Next sleep study is in late March with a follow-up with the Doc in May. ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

So WTH, I am a retired engineer, not patient, time to take personal control.... I ordered a ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto and am picking it up here in a bit, and going to start tonight.

I am not looking for medical advice.... but..... if you were to say..... in a similar situation, and you purchased a machine all on your own, what settings would you personally start with on lets say, for instance maybe a ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto. ;o)

Thanks. I will post my titration study in a bit after I get back from UPS!

RE: GurdBonk Starting - chronic - 02-27-2020

My poor advice.  Get a good auto cpap with a humidifier.  Set the cpap  for a low of 11 and a high of 15.  Keep tabs on how you feel and keep  checking your data on Oscar.  Your date could write you a prescription.  There are a lot of things that could complicate this, but, it it is what my setup is.

Chronic, you can see the machine i own now under my name GurdBonk and the tennis stuff in my posts. So I'm going to be programming that this afternoon.  I will be utilizing in in VAuto mode. Anyone with my machine have suggestions on what I should enter as values/setpoints in the clinical menu

It's here!  Sorta like Christmas?!?

Well. It is a brand new unit. Run hours 0, Usage hours 0. SD card triggered formatting when I turned the unit on, took only a few seconds to format the SD card.

Went into the clinical menu.....

Here is what is currently set:
Mode Vauto
Max IPAP 15
Min EPAP 4
PS 3
Ti Max 2.0s
Ti Min 0.3s
Trigger Med
Cycle Med

Comfort
Ramp 20min, start epap 4

I selected autostart

Essentials Plus/On set to On
Leak Alert On/Off set to Off.

Thanks folks for any suggestions/comments.