Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal (/Thread-ResMed-AirSense-10-Disassembly-and-Modem-Removal)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal - farnsy - 02-29-2020

For those who have purchased a used unit and have an interest in either (1) disabling/removing the modem or (2) disassembling the pump assembly in order to clean it, I did a complete teardown and re-assembly video of my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her.

I hope this is useful for someone. At the very least, it should satiate your curiosity about what's inside.

Sorry for the low volume.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal - ApneaQuestions - 02-29-2020

Very nice video. Thanks for that. :-)

For people wanting the bottom line on the modem disconnection it is at time stamp 3:59.
In this image your finger is on the modem connector that can be disconnected easily.
Maybe use a bit of electrical tape to isolate the connector once disconnected.

Tool required to open the case is Torx (or Star) size 10 to avoid damaging the screwheads.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal - Nightynite - 02-29-2020

Good job! Interesting how it’s put together. I thought it would have been a lot more complicated.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal - farnsy - 02-29-2020

Yeah, usually this type of thing has tamper-proof screws, adhesives, and other things that make it difficult to take apart. Basically they designed it to be simple, water-resistant, and easily repaired. Nice for us.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal - pholynyk - 02-29-2020

And it still takes six weeks to get a quote on a repair, according to my Ontario DME...

I am just now out of my 5 year warranty, with about 13000 hours. Too soon to get a new one, too much annoyance just because my hose won't heat.

Maybe I should take it apart...

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal - dwd1249 - 02-29-2020

Thanks for the video. I only went as far as disabling the modem. It was so handy to see how to get the covers off.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal - 70sSanO - 02-29-2020

What! No mouse on a wheel?

I feel cheated... lol!

John

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal - spirilis - 03-04-2020

Very nice video! My curiosity is fully satisfied now in case I really want to clean out the insides. Thank you for making this!

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal - farnsy - 03-04-2020

Yeah, interesting. Older models had a ton of foam in them to keep things quiet, but this one had none at all (except the little ring I point out). I guess they found other ways to make them quiet.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal - Pat.Bee - 11-03-2020

Dear Farnsy,
Thank you so much for your film. I am fairly unhandy but your film and tips  made this totally do-able.
I disconnected the modem and completely cleaned (& disinfected as much as possible) the whole thing. Something I would never have attempted without your film and advice. The only investment I had to make was buying a torx 10 screwdriver. Your advice to take photos every step of the disassembly was invaluable.  
I was so relieved that it actually worked after I put it back together. Thanks to you I have a clean fresh machine and it now seems to run quieter too.
Lately, I have been finding moisture/condensation(?) on the bottom of the water tank every morning that I need to wipe dry. I only fill the tank half way and am careful not to spill. So I am hoping this tear down will somehow magically resolve this problem too.  Will let you know after I use it tonite.