Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dreamwear full face mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dreamwear full face mask (/Thread-Dreamwear-full-face-mask--28421)

Dreamwear full face mask - Sleepgains - 03-18-2020

Hey guys I was wondering what you guys think about the dreamwear full face mask? Is it good?

RE: Dreamwear full face mask - SarcasticDave94 - 03-19-2020

This may not help much, but I think it's like every other mask out there. It's going to be great for some, aweful for some, and OK for the rest. I'm not sure which DME you use for supplies, but I think there's at least one in our supplier list at the top that has return insurance on masks. I'm thinking it's a small fee you'd pay to allow return of masks after you try it. It's probably a 30 day max trial limit per mask.

Best scenario is to go by trial and error to get the best for you mask. If the mask ain't right, nothin' else is right.

RE: Dreamwear full face mask - Sleepgains - 03-19-2020

Oh okay makes sense! Thanks man! One more question, does a full face mask provide good airway support even if you’re mouth breathing?

You're welcome, and to the question in my experience it's yes. When I started on AB 3 years ago, I had a terrible time with COPD and the apnea combined. I breathe through my mouth most of the time, CPAP therapy included. Full face masks are my go-to style just because of the mouth/nose breathing combo that I do naturally.

Short answer is yes a full face mask will support mouth breathing. You may suffer from dry mouth though, due to the bit of CPAP pressure/air flow. You may have to play with your humidity and heated hose settings to maximize comfort.

RE: Dreamwear full face mask - Osiris357 - 03-19-2020

“Is it good?” Is a relative question as far as masks are concerned. Do people love it? Yes. Do people hate it? The answer is also yes. It all depends on your unique facial features. Personally I don’t like it at all. I much prefer the ResMed F30 because it’s seals much better for me. The opposite is also true for many others in the forum.

And yes they do provide good airway support as long as your keep your neck relatively straight so you don’t pinch off your airway. But that goes for any mask. For me at least the tension of the straps would bring my chin to my chest. A soft cervical collar took care of that.

Thanks guys!

Welcome & stay safe.

Keep asking the questions; it's the best way to learn IMO, then back it up with wiki articles

Coffee

RE: Dreamwear full face mask - MitchS - 03-19-2020

When you decide on a mask, be sure to search for, download and print the sizing template for that mask. There should be instructions with the template on determining if it printed to the correct scale and on how to use it. 

Good luck with your treatment.

Thank you man! Do you guys think there is benefit to a FFM even if you can breathe through your nose? Like I know when I’m going to sleep I’m breathing through my nose, but who knows what happens while I’m actually asleep. So would FFM provide a sort of insurance ?

My opinion is a full face benefits most those that are known consistent mouth breathers.