Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
CPAP SOAP - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: CPAP SOAP (/Thread-CPAP-SOAP)

Pages: 1 2

CPAP SOAP - srlevine1 - 03-26-2020

Today I received three emails from different companies attempting to sell me "CPAP" soap to clean my device and accessories. 

This is the first time I have been pitched for "CPAP" soap. 

Is there any benefit to specific soaps that are labeled for CPAP use? Are they superior to Dawn -- which I found being used on local ducks that needed to be cleaned? 

Or is this a profit-generating label like "organic" which allows for premium pricing for smaller quantities?

RE: CPAP SOAP - Big Guy - 03-26-2020

Never heard of CPAP specific soap. Being the suspicious individual that I am, and having spent 30 yrs. in LE, it smells like a scam to me. 

Dawn dish soap seems to do all that I meed it to do.

RE: CPAP SOAP - Sleeprider - 03-26-2020

Srlevine1, I'm nearly certain, you are asking a question, while fully knowing the answer, but thanks for baiting the waters.

Oh okay.......kind of like oil companies formulating engine oils specifically designed for 4x4 vehicles.  Bigwink

RE: CPAP SOAP - Melman - 03-26-2020

Let me guess. Is it more expensive than Dawn?

RE: CPAP SOAP - srlevine1 - 03-26-2020

(03-26-2020, 06:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Srlevine1, I'm nearly certain, you are asking a question, while fully knowing the answer, but thanks for baiting the waters.

Moi? 

No, I wanted to know if anyone in the community used the product and if it was better than what I presently use (Dawn) in light of the COVID-19 pandemic? 

As far as I can tell, it's a legitimate product from a real company. It's called "PURDOUX  CPAP Mask and Hose Cleaning Soap" and is being offered in various scents by some of the suppliers on the forum's supplier's list. 

Besides, chummng is illegal in most freshwater lakes around here. 

RE: CPAP SOAP - Melman - 03-26-2020

Here’s the product description
Purdoux™ CPAP Mask & Hose Soaps are made without the use of harmful chemicals and are designed to clean silicone surfaces while preserving the softness of your CPAP Mask & Hoses.  The green tea and mint soap has a very mild scent to help neutralize odors of the silicone.

Features:
  • Free of alcohol, bleach, conditioners, moisturizers & latex
  • Gentle on hands and silicone surfaces
  • Removes body oils from surfaces
  • Neutralizes odors
  • Natural ingredients with green tea & mint
Dawn lacks green tea and mint but otherwise is similar

No antimicrobial claim

A 250mL bottle of Purdoux costs $5.99 with free shipping for amazon prime, $0.024/mL

Dawn from Walmart 480mL for $2.64 $0.006/mL

4X more expensive than Dawn

I've used Dawn regularly on the same F20 cushion for about 2 years. Still soft.

RE: CPAP SOAP - SarcasticDave94 - 03-26-2020

My personal take: Dawn and similar are good enough. CPAP soap only cleans your pockets of all those loose dollar bills and coins.

RE: CPAP SOAP - srlevine1 - 03-26-2020

(03-26-2020, 08:13 PM)Melman Wrote: Here’s the product description
Purdoux™ CPAP Mask & Hose Soaps are made without the use of harmful chemicals and are designed to clean silicone surfaces while preserving the softness of your CPAP Mask & Hoses.  The green tea and mint soap has a very mild scent to help neutralize odors of the silicone.

Features:
  • Free of alcohol, bleach, conditioners, moisturizers & latex
  • Gentle on hands and silicone surfaces
  • Removes body oils from surfaces
  • Neutralizes odors
  • Natural ingredients with green tea & mint
Dawn lacks green tea and mint but otherwise is similar

No antimicrobial claim

A 250mL bottle of Purdoux costs $5.99 with free shipping for amazon prime, $0.024/mL

Dawn from Walmart 480mL for $2.64 $0.006/mL

4X more expensive than Dawn

I've used Dawn regularly on the same F20 cushion for about 2 years. Still soft.

like Thanks  Thank you. Since I do not see anything that appears to be preferential, I will stick with Dawn. Thanks for the information.

So, you posed a legitimate question after all? 

There for a moment, I kind of felt like a fool for responding to your post.