Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Mask type Setting on Respironics - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Mask type Setting on Respironics (/Thread-Mask-type-Setting-on-Respironics)

Pages: 1 2

Mask type Setting on Respironics - Crispy983 - 03-31-2020

I have looked everywhere.  search engine, here.  I can not find the X1-5 value for a medium dreamwear full face mask.  The only thing I found on here was that it should be on the package or mask.  It's not.  At one point a long time ago I thought I had found a chart but I can not find it.
Please help.

RE: Mask type Setting on Respironics - Crimson Nape - 03-31-2020

A Google search of Philips shows it to be a X1 setting.
Here is the link to the Dreamwear instructions:
http://incenter.medical.philips.com/doclib/enc/11406744/DreamWear_Instructions_for_Use.pdf%3Ffunc%3Ddoc.Fetch%26nodeid%3D11406744

RE: Mask type Setting on Respironics - Crispy983 - 04-02-2020

Symbols
X1
Philips Respironics System One Resistance Control Value

Philips Respironics System One Resistance Control
Using your mask with a Philips Respironics System One device provides optimal comfort. The provider sets this value (X1) on your device.

I took that as they explained what the X1 symbol means, then later when they talk about it in the instructions they just used the symbol but weren't actually saying that it was a value of 1.

Thank you

RE: Mask type Setting on Respironics - OpalRose - 04-02-2020

Respironics mask packaging are labeled with X1 though X5.  This is the mask resistant number you set on your machine.

If you should ever use a ResMed mask, leave the resistance setting to off.

RE: Mask type Setting on Respironics - Crispy983 - 04-03-2020

(04-02-2020, 06:09 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Respironics mask packaging a are labeled with X1 though X5.  This is the mask resistant number you set on your machine.

If you should ever use a ResMed mask, leave the resistance setting to off.

I don't see this anywhere on my mask or the packaging

RE: Mask type Setting on Respironics - MitchS - 04-03-2020

I looked on the internet at images of the Dreamwear package and cushion. The resistance setting wasn't on any of the images of either side of package or cushion. It is listed in the instructions included with the mask, however.

RE: Mask type Setting on Respironics - rebirth - 04-21-2020

Your not the only one Crispy, 
It's not writen on my mask (same type as yours) or in any of the docs i got either. I've been searching for 2 days on the web. Read all the PR docs related online. Talk about frusterating. 

Nice to see it here. in the link above.

I don't know where this doc was found but i couldn't find it, so don't feel bad. 
And come on: "System One Resistance Control Value" = "Mask Type Setting" Sorry, but i have a special name for people that document like this. lol

Anyhow,  Thanks for the info. I can now set my mask type!!!

RE: Mask type Setting on Respironics - Crimson Nape - 04-21-2020

If found these 2 references for you.
1. Philips Mask Setting Guide:
[attachment=22160]

2. At the bottom of page 3 of the Dreamwear user's guide is this snippet:
[attachment=22161]

RE: Mask type Setting on Respironics - jas102543 - 10-02-2020

Huhsign The Link you posted ONLY covers the Nasal Mask with Under the Nose Cushion NOT the Full Face mask Crispy983 enquired about. I'm looking for the same info. Three attempts at calling Philips Respironics rewarded me with three 30 minute or longer opportunities to listen to elevator music. Support line useless!!!! Sad Huh Dont-know

RE: Mask type Setting on Respironics - Garfield - 10-18-2020

It wasn't easy to find, but did locate the same statement in the booklet that came with my Dreamwear mask that Crimson posted above.  Attached is the photo of the back of my bag and the location of the X1 setting.