Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
setting info - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: setting info (/Thread-setting-info)

setting info - jihad1965 - 04-02-2020

dear all, 

i have resmed elite s9 and heated humididifier H5i 

what should i put (RAMP in minutes from 0 to 30)
and humidity level from 0 to 6

thanks in advance

RE: setting info - DeepBreathing - 04-02-2020

Hi again Jihad1965.

Your machine is not an autoset, it operates on fixed pressure only. It's very hard to give you any advice without some background information. Have you had a sleep study? If so, please post a copy of the report here. Include the full report with charts and tables, not just the summary. Make sure you erase all your personal identification before posting.

Your machine is supported by OSCAR software, which gives a tremendous amount of detail that we can use to help you with your settings. Please download and install OSCAR and post your daily chart here. The links for Oscar and how to use it are in my signature below.

RE: setting info - Gideon - 04-02-2020

Welcome and what DB said above.

We generally prefer no ramp and humidity is purely a personal choice so set it mid range and adjust from there

RE: setting info - jihad1965 - 04-02-2020

thank u deepbreathing for your help, 

because i use this machine from 11 years , but lately i have noticed that the air flow that this cpap give me daily is too much  , when i woke up in the mornng , i keep myself for 5 minutes breathing to much, maybe in these 11 years , i have work on my body and myself to minimize the apnea i do at night . so i should change my amchine to automatic one or i should with the help of forum and surely you to regulate the air pressure in my cpap machine to be suitable for me . 

by the way i tried to dawnload oscar program , but when opening the program it gave me this msge : the procedure entry point CancelIoEx could not be locatedd in the dynamic library KERNEL32.dll

thank u for yr help 

i will make ramp off and put humidity to medium and test it for some days

by the way i tried to dawnload oscar program , but when opening the program it gave me this msge : the procedure entry point CancelIoEx could not be locatedd in the dynamic library KERNEL32.dll

RE: setting info - Sleeprider - 04-02-2020

Your machine is approaching the end of life expectation at 11 years, or perhaps passed it some time ago. I would recommend you consider sourcing a replacement soon, and the ideal choice would be an Autoset machine that would raise and lower pressure as needed. Your problems at the end of the night are not assisted by ramp which only delays therapeutic pressure at the beginning of the night. If you can get OSCAR working, it will allow us to help you optimize pressure and perhaps see why you are feeling uncomfortable.

thank you for yr help

i will keep u posted with my status