Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Intro - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Intro (/Thread-Intro--28671)

Pages: 1 2

Intro - mgwmgw - 04-07-2020

I am ex-Gooserider's long time girlfriend. He suggested I should join here too.  I have been using a CPAP for roughly 20 years without feeling a need to mess with the settings or look at the data. Mostly great success.  I also use an oxygen concentrator. I will probably need to have another sleep study soon after the Covid-19 thing is done, to keep the insurance company happy.  I have just installed Oscar onto my Mac, but have yet to explore how to remove the card from my CPAP or what adapter I need to get data off the card.

RE: Intro - SarcasticDave94 - 04-07-2020

Hi mgwmgw and welcome to Apnea Board.

Sorry you got the late night grump here pulling 3rd shift. JK maybe.

OK some basics: most CPAP style machines will have a standard SD card, possible under a flap on the near bottom left side on the ResMed 10 series.

SD cards click in and lock then click/push in and they pop out. Think sorta like a ballpoint pen...click.

What you'll need if your Mac doesn't have one is an SD card reader. First step is verify if the Mac has an SD card reader built-in or not. If it does, the SD clicks in there. If not we go to the next possible answer. See if it has any USB ports. Get a USB card reader for the standard SD card. Plug in the USB and then the SD card. ex-Gooserider may help out some also.

[attachment=21668]

RE: Intro - DeepBreathing - 04-07-2020

G'day mgwmgw. Welcome to Apnea Board. The advice Dave just gave is spot on. Here is where the card is hidden in your machine.

[attachment=21667]

RE: Intro - mgwmgw - 04-12-2020

Thank-you for the welcome and the information.  Ex-Gooserider has found me an SD card, and thanks to your help, I have found where to plug it into my CPAP.  So now we wait a few days for the data to gather, and then see what Oscar shows us.

RE: Intro - Gideon - 04-13-2020

(04-12-2020, 11:21 PM)mgwmgw Wrote: Thank-you for the welcome and the information.  Ex-Gooserider has found me an SD card, and thanks to your help, I have found where to plug it into my CPAP.  So now we wait a few days for the data to gather, and then see what Oscar shows us.

Welcome to the forum.
The waiting is 1 overnight session to get started.

RE: Intro - mgwmgw - 04-16-2020

I have left a card in the CPAP for a few days then imported the data into OSCAR. I have configured OSCAR as recommended, made a screenshot, and attached it. 

I have questions which may be answered in the Wiki, in which case a pointer to the right place would be helpful.

I am not sure which data in OSCAR to include in the screenshot for discussion here.  Does my screenshot include the right things?

It appears that I am having "Obstructive" events, which implies that the apnea is still happening even with the CPAP. What should I do with that information?

The pressure is constant at 11.  I burp and fart a lot in bed, and have wondered whether some different pressure setting would improve matters, but the discussion I have found in the forum is not very conclusive. What should I do?

Is this explained somewhere I have not yet found?

Thanks.

RE: Intro - Crimson Nape - 04-16-2020

Look at the links in my signature for organizing the Daily screen. I hope this may help answer some of your questions.

RE: Intro - OpalRose - 04-16-2020

See the links in my signature line for directions on how to organize and post data here.

Pay close attention to Organizing the chart. Include the following graphs: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitations and leak rate. Include the left side bar, minus the calendar and pie chart.

Use the Attachment feature to post your chart here.

RE: Intro - mgwmgw - 04-19-2020

Thanks.

RE: Intro - mgwmgw - 05-11-2020

I have a lot more days of data, and I think I have organized the Oscar display as recommended. I am not sure what is best to share. I attach screenshots of 3 days. 

I have tried reading the wiki about what obstructive events and RERA are, for example, but I don't yet understand how to apply what I read to my own data. For example, how do I judge whether the frequency of some kind of event is bad enough that something should be done about it, even if I knew what to do?