Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset] (/Thread-New-User-adjusting-pressure-on-AirSense-10-Autoset)

Pages: 1 2 3

New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset] - mike231a - 04-22-2020

[attachment=22214][attachment=22213]

I am new to CPAP and I have been using my ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset for over one month. I have been able to lower my AHI down to 2.59. My 30 day  average is 7.21 after the doctor adjusted my settings form 4-20 to 6-20. It is difficult to get hold of the doctor as he is working very hard with Covid 19 patients.
My question is should I adjust the pressure to 7 min and max 15 or leave it at max 20?

RE: New User - jaswilliams - 04-22-2020

I wouldn’t change your pressures the majority of remaining events are CA’s they will diminish over time

RE: New User - mike231a - 04-22-2020

Thanks so much.

RE: New User - DeepBreathing - 04-22-2020

G'day Mike.

Are you using a very small screen? I ask because your charts are so cluttered. The Oscar team are looking at potential ways to standardise the charts so that all size screens give a similar appearance (it's not easy). If you haven't already done so, have a look at the link to how to organise your Oscar charts in my signature below.

BTW I agree with jaswilliams that your settings look pretty good for now.

RE: New User - mike231a - 04-22-2020

Thanks for the chart info. I am using a 27 inch screen. I'll look into the instructions again.

RE: New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset] - mike231a - 04-23-2020

I think I realize what the problem of the screen shot is. I have my computer display set to 150%, this maybe the reason the shot looks distorted. I will send another screen shot shortly as my AHI went up again.

RE: New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset] - mike231a - 04-23-2020

Here are last nights screen shots. I hope they are more readable.
My AHI increased to 4.24.

RE: New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset] - mike231a - 06-23-2020

I have been using CPAP for more than 3 months now. All of a sudden my score was going up almost directly related to CA/CSR.  
I have attached a print out of the AHI data.
I do have a cardiac problem, AFib which may have caused this. 
Before last night's session, I turned off EPR ( which was set to 2 previously) and mys AHI went way down.
I have read previously on this forum that most people should turn off EPR.
Of course, I will have to see if I continue to improve but would like to hear if any others had similar problems and is there something else I should do, like limiting my pressure range?

RE: New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset] - Gideon - 06-24-2020

Mike, welcome to the forum. 0
Knowing all your settings is very important for making specific recomendations. The left sidebar contains much info that helps us evaluate what is going on..
I do recommend the new version of OSCAR.
F12 is set to take the screenshot we like in v1.1.1.

I would also like to see a 15 minute and a 2 minute view of your "CSR" which is unlikely to be that but does need to be eliminated.

I would reduce your EPR to see if that impacts your CA readings and repost.

RE: New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset] - mike231a - 06-24-2020

Thanks for the prompt reply. I upgraded to new Oscar version. 
Here is a screen shot using F12 of last night in which CSR came back and AHI hit 12.33
I am not sure if I did the 15 and 2 minutes view of CSR correctly.
Also, last night I awoke when air pressure was almost blowing mask off my face.