Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dreamstation Tidal Volume - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dreamstation Tidal Volume (/Thread-Dreamstation-Tidal-Volume)

Pages: 1 2

Dreamstation Tidal Volume - FijiFarmer - 04-24-2020

Is there a way to get fixed Tidal Volume out of Dreamstation? If not,  is there any machine that does?

RE: Dreamstation Tidal Volume - Sleeprider - 04-24-2020

The newer Dreamstation produces tidal volume in OSCAR, however if you can change to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, the data and results are far more reliable. Your profile indicates no software and 20 cm pressure. I hope neither is true.

RE: Dreamstation Tidal Volume - FijiFarmer - 04-24-2020

My BiPAP is  a Phillips Respironics Auto SV H/HC/C DS
I am not using 20cm of pressure.
I want software so I can look at the reports; I don't have anything that works for this model. I need to know how to control the Tidal Volume.

RE: Dreamstation Tidal Volume - Gideon - 04-24-2020

OSCAR 1.1.0, just released

That helps! The just released OSCAR 1.1.0 supports your machine. You might also want to join the Oscar Beta Test Group, which will let you interact with the developers to further make the software properly display your machine's data. You may be asked for a copy of your SD card that will be used anonymously to help build the OSCAR database and data loaders. Not sure if you are using a Philps Respironics System One Auto SV Advanced, or Dreamstation Auto SV, but the current version of OSCAR fully covers it.

Contact member "bonjour" by PM. He is the OSCAR project manager (he just posted above). He will add you to the Beta test group and you will have access to the latests software and can work with the developers to make it perfect. Meanwhile with the data, we can help you to optimize settings and get the most from your machine. How long have you had this AutoSV?

Thanks, I'll try that updated version.

How can I set the Dreamstation unit I have to deliver defined tidal volume of - for example 800 CC?

Tidal Volume is measured in m and minute vent in L/min. I'll be honest, I still don't know what machine you ar eusing. I had assuemd the Philips Respironics System One DS960 BiPAP SV Auto Advanced. You are not saying it's a Dreamstation, which is probably a DSX900S11. I'm done guessing. Post a chart.

The main settings on a SV auto Advanced are EPAP min, EPAP max, PS min, PS max, breaths per minute (BPM), time of inspiration (Ti), and a bunch of comfort settings. Without knowing more about where you are at and what we want to accomplish, I'm not going to guess at settings. You can get the clinical manual from the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top of the page, and we can look at your current charts from OSCAR, and with knowledge of your current settings make suggestions to get where you closer to what you may need. All that said, your machine is not going assure a specific tidal volume. That is the role of a machine called the BiPAP AVAPS or the Resmed Aircurve 10 ST-A iVAPS (volume assured pressure support). Your machine mostly addresses central and complex apnea with the goal of a maintainng tidal volume which is detected by the algorithm, not a setting.

The machine I'm using is a DSX900T11C

RE: Dreamstation Tidal Volume - SarcasticDave94 - 04-24-2020

My Google search has this device as a Respironics DreamStation AutoSV. I saw a titration protocol PDF which does not mention setting the tidal volume. This makes me think it is not a setting parameter you will be able to adjust. See page 14 of the PDF.

http://incenter.medical.philips.com/doclib/enc/9792335/BiPAPAutoSVAdvanced_Protocol.pdf%3Ffunc%3Ddoc.Fetch%26nodeid%3D9792335

Thank you for your candid assessment. I will move on to one of the machines you suggested. Is one better than the others for overall performance?