Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Product Review Forums (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Product-Review-Forums)
+---- Forum: CPAP Mask Reviews (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-CPAP-Mask-Reviews)
+---- Thread: [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) (/Thread-Product-Review-ResMed-N30-Nasal-Mask-Review-not-the-N30i)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) - AndyB - 04-27-2020

Perhaps I've missed it, but I've searched the forum in vain for a review of ResMed's relatively new N30 nasal mask (NOT the confusingly similarly named "N30i"), so FWIW I offer my thoughts on the N30:

In a word --> terrific.  I decided to try the N30 last December after a couple of years using ResMed's P10 pillows mask, which I liked very much.  However, ResMed's description of the N30 sounded promising (super comfortable and quiet), so I decided to give it a try.

IMO the N30 is everything ResMed claims it is -- extremely comfortable and very quiet, and just as effective as the P10 has been for me (my AHI is typically between 0.5-1.5 for 7-7.5 hrs per night).  The N30's leak rate is comparable to the P10 in my experience (I am predominantly a side-sleeper, occasionally a back-sleeper).  The headgear is similar to the P10 headgear but with better adjustability and stability.

After 4+ months of consistent use, I'm a happy convert to the N30.

AndyB

RE: ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) - yankees123 - 04-28-2020

Hi Andy’s, I also have been using both the p10 and the n30.  I really like the n30, very light and comfortable.  Do you feel it vents your expired air well?  I do feel the air escaping but it is very minimal.  Strange that the short tube is not as long as the p10.  When I use the p10 I use the headgear from the n30.  In my opinion it is a better headgear compared with the p10.

RE: ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) - Sora - 06-02-2020

Would either of you say it's a worthwhile step up from the P10? Or is it more of a "sidegrade," for lack of a better word?

RE: ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) - yankees123 - 06-05-2020

Sora, I actually like the n30 better than the p10.  At least for me the nasal cradle is more comfortable.  Worth a try I think.

RE: ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) - Sora - 06-06-2020

(06-05-2020, 12:00 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Sora, I actually like the n30 better than the p10.  At least for me the nasal cradle is more comfortable.  Worth a try I think.

Thank you!  I'll give it a try with my DME.

RE: ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) - yankees123 - 06-07-2020

Let us know how you are doing when you make the change.

RE: ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) - b.e.wilson - 09-02-2020

Best mask I've used so far, but it's too noisy.

RE: ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) - yankees123 - 09-04-2020

Not sure bew why you feel it is a noisy mask.  Are you sure you have the correct cushion size?  Really ridiculous that there is no FitPack for the n30.

RE: ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) - b.e.wilson - 09-05-2020

It fits well. I compare to the F20. With that mask I could hear my machine. Now I only hear air moving past the silicone edges of the mask under my nose. The P30i was really loud.

RE: ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) - Coffee Man - 09-05-2020

I concur with this being a loud mask. It is loud compared to the Evora - which is most direct comparator. It is loud compared to the P10 nasal pillows. And it is loud compared to the N30i. They chose a really odd vent system For the N30 that is noisier than the masks listed above. I really hoped they would have used the same vent that is on the P10, but unfortunately they didn’t. I’ll give the N30 major points for comfort, but I stopped using it due to noise and also found that the headgear did not keep the cushion in place for me and I would develop leaks.