Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Suspected UARS a more complex case of issues more then your average CPAPer - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Suspected UARS a more complex case of issues more then your average CPAPer (/Thread-Suspected-UARS-a-more-complex-case-of-issues-more-then-your-average-CPAPer)

Suspected UARS a more complex case of issues more then your average CPAPer - JimmyBKK - 05-02-2020

Suspected UARS 

I have been diagnosed with ADHD as a child constant daydreaming.

As far I  can remember I've suffered from insomnia trying to fall asleep. 

Currently suffering from sleep maintenance chronic insomnia I know some of its related too mental health, I had a mental breakout down 6 months ago

I use to sleep 12 hours a night waking up and falling back asleep  25 years old 

When I’m woken I jump up in fright

EX smoker of 12 years Quit 18 months ago still using Swedish oral Tobacco

Ex drinker quit 6 months ago mainly binge drinking.

When I wake up my head is spinning for a minimal of 30 mins, headaches, basically fell like im in space.

Diagnosed home study test mild Apena 

Diagnosed in lab very mild Apena never tested for UARS only slept 4 hours with 20 mg of valium, I was still suffering depression prior.

I have Nocturnal epilepsy currently on Fycompa and Dilantin as far I know its under control better than ever since I started taking Fycompa I spent 2 years trying to find a medication that worked.

Ongoing high blood pressure issues from lack of sleep.

Without anxiety, I never feel like  I can take a full breath when I’m awake, asleep or exercising.

I can't sleep on my back.

Waking up Exhausted after 7, 8, 9 hours sleep.

6 months ago had nervous breakdown lack of sleep prior, I had numbing in the arm, face and left side check it lasted 3 days I developed seizures as I’m falling asleep and Onset central apnea was identified in a sleep lab I may have had central apnea prior and didn’t know about it. I had a CT scan 3 weeks after and nothing was identified.

Whatever prescribing drug I’ve used for sleep it has no long term effects.
Mood swings upon waking up hardly ever feel refreshed. 

APAP I've managed to control the Obstructive and Hypopnea at 7cm  feel like I been hit by a bus when awaking.

My flowrate is abnormal compared it to someone diagnosed with UARS on a Cpap forum.

Tired many different pressures with EPR on 3 still no improvement in flow rate.

[attachment=22507]
[attachment=22508]
[attachment=22510]

RE: Suspected UARS a more complex case of issues more then your average CPAPer - JimmyBKK - 05-02-2020

Sorry forgot to attach a sleepyhead screenshot.

[attachment=22511]

RE: Suspected UARS a more complex case of issues more then your average CPAPer - Illorum - 05-02-2020

I see the lab didn't score RERAs - any chance you could ask them to go back and score them to get a new report? The data's there, they just need to reinterpret it.

As for treating UARS, have you considered BiPAP? The current consensus on UARS is that BiPAP is much more effective than APAP. I have UARS and personally love my BiPAP (after trying CPAP for a while) though I did have pretty significant treatment-emergent central sleep apnea that died down after a week.

If BiPAP isn't feasible, I recommend turning on EPR since it's like a mini-bilevel feature.

Just a comment about the sleep onset centrals and the ones right before you wake up - those are completely normal. It's informally called "sleep wake junk" Most labs don't even score them anymore because its misleading.

RE: Suspected UARS a more complex case of issues more then your average CPAPer - JimmyBKK - 05-03-2020

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply...

The lab test I had taken 2 Valiums to sleep, I normally not take anything. I‘m back overseas in Bangkok, trying to find a doctor that has the equipment to deal with Lab test for RERA’s lab test might be a difficult task and more expensive then the machine itself, I ended up purchasing a new ResMed 10 ASV on eBay USA for $1400 USD just waiting on it to be mailed to me might be a little long with Covid-19.