Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
recent download problem - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: recent download problem (/Thread-recent-download-problem)

recent download problem - Elizabethwa - 05-03-2020

Hi,

I just downloaded latest OSCAR program to get the updates.

I must have done something wrong because all my AHI data is higher figures - I attached a before and after screenshots.

Please could someone help? should I delete everything and start again? if I do that will all my data still be on the SD card (I am not sure how long it stores info).

Many thanks for all you do,
Elizabeth

[attachment=22570][attachment=22571]

RE: recent download problem - Elizabethwa - 05-03-2020

I'm replying to my own post now!

I will leave it up just in case anyone else has same problem, but happy if admin wish to delete.

I closed OSCAR and left it awhile, when I returned the old desktop shortcut was missing and there was a new one elsewhere - when I opened it up - everything was back to normal yay!

Elizabeth

Smile

RE: recent download problem - Sleeprider - 05-03-2020

If you look below the respiratory statistics on the left pane, you will see there are two sessions of 3:23 and 4:53 duration. In each of your screenshots you have selected a different session, so the AHI is different. The trick is to select both sessions (yellow).

RE: recent download problem - GuyScharf - 05-03-2020

We've had some other reports of this problem, with data being doubled after upgrade. As you have seen, shutting down and restarting Oscar seems to fix that problem.

(05-03-2020, 09:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you look below the respiratory statistics on the left pane, you will see there are two sessions of 3:23 and 4:53 duration. In each of your screenshots you have selected a different session, so the AHI is different.  The trick is to select both sessions (yellow).

The session bars just alternate between blue and yellow to make it easier to distinguish one session from the next.  If the session had been deselected, the bar for that session would be white.

The fact that one screen capture begins with a yellow bar and the other with a blue bar is interesting.  I'm not sure why that would happen.  This is probably a clue about something! Smile

This is a real bug with AHI data being doubled immediately after upgrade.

(05-03-2020, 10:02 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 09:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you look below the respiratory statistics on the left pane, you will see there are two sessions of 3:23 and 4:53 duration. In each of your screenshots you have selected a different session, so the AHI is different.  The trick is to select both sessions (yellow).

The session bars just alternate between blue and yellow to make it easier to distinguish one session from the next.  If the session had been deselected, the bar for that session would be white.

The fact that one screen capture begins with a yellow bar and the other with a blue bar is interesting.  I'm not sure why that would happen.  This is probably a clue about something! Smile

This is a real bug with AHI data being doubled immediately after upgrade.

Thank you so much for this information.

I do occasionally break up my night (bathroom and wakefulness) and I have wrongly assumed the two sessions are averaged out on OSCAR - I didn't realise the significance of the blue and yellow bars other than separate session times.

Oh dear, so much to learn and figure out, I cannot make them both yellow! However when one is blue and one is yellow the session time reports the full night. Interesting!

You've alerted me to check the session time is complete and I am not just going by half a night of data.
Many thanks
Elizabeth

I've gone through reports and it seems when one bar is blue and the other is yellow, the whole night is reported in the session time info. But it is interesting to see how different the AHI can be between sessions.
Many thanks,
Elizabeth

(05-03-2020, 09:59 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: We've had some other reports of this problem, with data being doubled after upgrade.  As you have seen, shutting down and restarting Oscar seems to fix that problem.

Thanks GuyScharf,

Good to know I'm not only one and I hope it gets sorted.
I still had problems with statistics summary showing the high AHI, so I made a new profile and started again.
It is all back to wonderful Smile 

Elizabeth

(05-03-2020, 10:29 PM)Elizabethwa Wrote: [quote pid='348809' dateline='1588561346']

I do occasionally break up my night (bathroom and wakefulness) and I have wrongly assumed the two sessions are averaged out on OSCAR - I didn't realise the significance of the blue and yellow bars other than separate session times.

Oh dear, so much to learn and figure out, I cannot make them both yellow! However when one is blue and one is yellow the session time reports the full night. Interesting!

You've alerted me to check the session time is complete and I am not just going by half a night of data.
Many thanks
Elizabeth
[/quote]

The blue vs yellow color has no significance in itself.  It's just to make the distinction between one session and the next visually obvious.  While this visual distinction isn't necessary when you have only two large sessions, it can become quite useful if you have many short sessions.  The graphs and other measures are for the entire night, unless you have deselected a session (which makes the deselected session's bar be white).