Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR crashes when deleting daily data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR crashes when deleting daily data (/Thread-OSCAR-crashes-when-deleting-daily-data)

OSCAR crashes when deleting daily data - SevereApnea - 05-13-2020

I am running Windows 7 Pro with OSCAR 1.0.1-r-1

I imported data to wrong profile.
In that profile I go to Daily view, select the date I want to delete, in this case 12 May 2020.

Then Data > Advanced > Purge Current Selected day.

Error Message:
"OpenSource CPAP Analysis Reporter has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".

Close Program.

Open program again, and indeed the 12 May data is gone.

But I want to delete 2 months of data I incorrectly imported.

How can I delete data from 3 March to now without doing this manually like this?

Can I go the profile and manually delete the various ***.crc and other files from that profile?

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: OSCAR crashes when deleting daily data - unidee - 05-14-2020

I remember that SleepyHead crashed when I removed current day data. But not Oscar. I use Kubuntu Linux. So, I think that there can be a bug in Oscar code, because it occurs with different operating systems. Maybe Oscar 1.0.1 or 1.0.0 crashed too. I don't exactly remember. Not anymore with Oscar 1.1.0.

I suggest you to update Oscar to version 1.1.0. Soon is version 1.1.1 ready.

RE: OSCAR crashes when deleting daily data - GuyScharf - 05-14-2020

(05-13-2020, 11:27 PM)SevereApnea Wrote: But I want to delete 2 months of data I incorrectly imported.

How can I delete data from 3 March to now without doing this manually like this?

I can confirm that Oscar crashes when you delete the most recent day.  However, if you delete a day that is not the last day in the database, the deletion appears to function normally.  That's still a nuisance to delete 2 months of data but at least you can avoid the crash by starting your deletions with 3 March and moving forward.

RE: OSCAR crashes when deleting daily data - sawinglogz - 05-14-2020

(05-14-2020, 08:36 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: I can confirm that Oscar crashes when you delete the most recent day.

Under what circumstances? I just tried to reproduce that, but it didn't crash.

(05-14-2020, 10:12 AM)sawinglogz Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 08:36 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: I can confirm that Oscar crashes when you delete the most recent day.

Under what circumstances? I just tried to reproduce that, but it didn't crash.

Latest development build with Windows 64-bit.  It crashed during a repaint operation; the call stack was 129 deep from WinMain.

RE: OSCAR crashes when deleting daily data - sawinglogz - 05-14-2020

What data or profile did you have open? Does it happen with every profile? Both PRS1 and Resmed?

Ugh. This failure may be somewhat intermittent. I'll send you a PM with a link to the data I used (it was ResMed). I've tried to reproduce with other profiles and not been successful.

RE: OSCAR crashes when deleting daily data - GuyScharf - 06-25-2020

(05-14-2020, 01:52 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Ugh.  This failure may be somewhat intermittent.  I'll send you a PM with a link to the data I used (it was ResMed).  I've tried to reproduce with other profiles and not been successful.

Sorry to say, but the problem still exists, and is probably still intermittent: OSCAR crashed when I tried to delete the last day in the database immediately after I had imported several days.

I wasn't running the debugger, so don't have anything to add.  Problem was probably the same as the previous crash that I did catch.