Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night (/Thread-Here-is-my-data-from-3rd-night-and-Friday-night)

Pages: 1 2

Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night - slingshot383 - 05-17-2020

[attachment=22970][attachment=22971] Here are the screenshots from my 3rd night of usage (first night I slept all night), and Friday night, went from a nasal cushion to nasal pillows, and had made some other changes to the machine to make it easier to exhale, and increased the starting pressure so that I wasn't fighting to breathe.  I live with a lot of pain (arthritis), so I roll over from one side to the other multiple times a night.  I feel worse during the day than I did before starting this treatment, maybe that will get better with time, maybe not? Just wondering if I am missing something.

RE: Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night - Gideon - 05-17-2020

you need to get flow limits into the picture. ResMed reacts to flow limits (specifically the flattening index) to raise pressure

RE: Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night - slingshot383 - 05-18-2020

So, I guess a screenshot was the wrong way to save the file?

RE: Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night - Dormeo - 05-18-2020

No the screenshot is the way to go. Try organizing your graphs by stacking them this way:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Flow limitations
Snores.

To fit everything into one screenshot, grab the horizontal gray bars that separate the graphs and raise them, squishing the graphs a bit.

RE: Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night - slingshot383 - 05-18-2020

OK, I think these have all the data you said should be included.

Here's my running numbers from start to last night. Is there anything that stands out as not right?

RE: Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night - Dormeo - 05-18-2020

Your flow limitations are not bad, though that cluster on the 15th did drive the pressure up. I wonder whether your chin was tuck toward your chest a bit.

On the 1st, the cluster of events before your break in therapy was probably you half-awake, turning over this way and that, trying to get comfortable. The same may be true of the cluster around 1:40, when it appears you have a lot of variability in the flow rate -- again, awake or semi-awake breathing. (When we're awake, our breathing is a lot more variable, and we pause our breathing 10 or more seconds fairly frequently.)

On the 15th, you added EPR of 1. This can cause an increase in CAs if the CAs are related to the neurochemical regulation of your breathing, but in your case, it looks as though you simply had a more peaceful night, hence fewer CAs.

All in all, I would suggest that you increase the EPR to 2 to see how it goes. This might be even more comfortable for you, and it might help with your (not bad) flow limitations. Your OAs are negligible, so I wouldn't raise your minimum until we see how the EPR of 2 goes.

That's my two cents, at any rate. If an expert comes along and says otherwise, I will have a chance to learn more!

RE: Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night - slingshot383 - 05-19-2020

I do toss n turn a good amount as I have bad arthritis a many places. I am a side sleeper, can't sleep on my back, neck and back pain goes through the roof. If I'm not awake when I roll over, I am in a state of awareness because my eyes open and it is a conscious effort to roll over.

RE: Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night - slingshot383 - 05-20-2020

Here's the last 2 nights, looks like they have gotten worse for some reason.

RE: Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night - Dormeo - 05-20-2020

The worse of those two nights, you saw a cluster of events, both obstructive and central. I have a suspicion that you may have tucked your chin down toward your chest, maybe curled up on your side.

A good experiment would be to buy a soft cervical collar, which would help you keep your neck and hence windpipe straight. Please take a look at this article in the wiki:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Soft_Cervical_Collar

I notice that you were using the machine for fewer than 5 hours both of these nights. Did you continue sleeping without the machine, or was that all the sleep that you got?

RE: Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night - slingshot383 - 05-21-2020

Dormeo - I am a side sleeper, and during the week, I go to be at 10:00, alarm goes of at 03:00 so 5 hours is it during the week, has been that way for decades. I have arthritis in neck, back, both hips, both knees, and left ankle, NEVER sleep on my back as it hurts to much.