Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) (/Thread-auto-turn-on-is-off-oooh-auto-turn-on)

Pages: 1 2

auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) - hegel - 05-22-2020

My Airsense 10 used to turn on in a flash, often before I'd finished putting on my mask. Now, it's not going on at all, or at least in just under a minute when I give up and twist in bed and reach up to manually start the machine.

What happened? I went looking to see if I'd inadvertently turned off that function--which is a possibility, as I'm clumsy. Any ideas or help? 

A small thing...

RE: auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) - OpalRose - 05-22-2020

Have you changed masks? I've heard some say that smart start may not work with all masks.

Try rebooting your machine by unplugging from the power source and plug back in. Check your settings first and then retry.

RE: auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) - hegel - 05-22-2020

thanks Opal! will do. I have been switching between an F30 and a P10, and changing settings (pillow versus full) on my machine...and sometimes forgetting to change settings between the masks, so I use a nasal pillow setting for my full face mask. Maybe I've jsut confused the machine! I'm using the F30 on "full face mask" setting now tho. I'll unplug and replug and see if that fixes it.

I can't find a setting for auto turn on by the way.

RE: auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) - SarcasticDave94 - 05-22-2020

Was Leak Alert accidentally turned on? It would block the Auto Start as I recall.

RE: auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) - Hydrangea - 05-22-2020

My ResMed auto-turns-on super easily when I use a nose mask or pillow.

I don't have a strong enough breath to turn it on with a full face mask.

RE: auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) - hegel - 05-23-2020

Sarcasticdave: as a matter of fact, I wrestled with a major leak that simply turned out to be that I hadn't fully inserted my humidifier tray--but while I was sorting that out, all sorts of high pressure occurred and a red frowny face showed on my machine. I think in fact it was after that that the auto start stopped.

I don't s see a leak alert function on my machine.

RE: auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) - OpalRose - 05-23-2020

Do you have the Clinicians manual? Check the settings to see if "Essentials Plus" is on.

I'm thinking it probably has something to do with the leak. Also, the manual does state that if using a nasal pillow mask with a pressure <7, then the smart start feature might not work. Is your pressure above 7?

Let us know if you get this worked out.

RE: auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) - hegel - 05-23-2020

Unplugging and then plugging the Airsense back in worked. I'm certain that it was the huge leak caused by the humidifier tray being slightly out that caused the issue. (altho why Resmed links the two is a mystery to me.) So all is well. thanks for the help!

RE: auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) - SarcasticDave94 - 05-23-2020

OK glad you fixed it.

RE: auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) - OpalRose - 05-23-2020

hegel, glad that's straightened out. Thanks for letting us know.