Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dreamstastion fixed pressure - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dreamstastion fixed pressure (/Thread-Dreamstastion-fixed-pressure)

Pages: 1 2

Dreamstastion fixed pressure - Ghandi - 05-23-2020

Hello, i haven't been around for a couple of years now Smile
But it feels good to be back.     

I have Phillips respironic dreamstation with fixed pressure because my ex pneumologist did't know better.

Now  i have a new pneumologist and he revised my pressure from 8 to 10. Actually i haven't received the prescription yet but i adjusted it myself because mais these days can be very long
My nose was already dry from the settings at maximum for humidity and heat 5/5

1 - Is there something else to adjust to get less irritation. My left eye is always tearing up because of this.
Or any other nose mosturizing tips. I used secaris before but i feel i getting congestion from it.

Also there is a prescription on the way for an auto cpap.
Fortunatly it is covered by my insurance but i still regret not taking the auto pap version for an extra 200$ the first time around.

2- Is there any way to unlock the auto mode on this model?. (If it's too much work like i said its almost all paid for, so no biggie)

3- Are there any better models to keep the nose from beeing dry? I must admit it's my second respironics unit and i love them for the ease of use and cleaning. And habbit as well.

Thanks a lot Smile

RE: Dreamstastion fixed pressure - Gideon - 05-23-2020

I do strongly suggest the ResMed AirSense 10 AuroSet for your APAP. Insist on it. The keyword is AutoSet.

RE: Dreamstastion fixed pressure - MitchS - 05-23-2020

You can turn on A-Trial in the clinician’s menu and run your machine in auto mode for thirty days. I ran my DreamStation Pro in A-Trial before purchasing my ResMed A10. I agree with bonjour. Insist on the ResMed AirSense AutoSet. It is by far the better machine.

RE: Dreamstastion fixed pressure - Ghandi - 05-23-2020

Thanks guys! For titration they gave me an ResMed AirSense by the look of it. I don't know however if it was autoset. But my nose was so dry. The reservoir did't seem to contains has much water as the dreamstation.

RE: Dreamstastion fixed pressure - Hydrangea - 05-23-2020

As MitchS said, your fixed machine will do a 30-day trial of auto. But that's it. After 30 days of doing auto, it will not do auto again/anymore.

Hooray for an auto being ordered!

I love my DreamStation Auto. But this board prefers the ResMed. They're both solid machines.

RE: Dreamstastion fixed pressure - Deborah K. - 05-23-2020

I had problems with a very dry nose too.  I found that putting just a dab of Lanishoh (brand name for lanolin) inside each nostril and spreading it around as far as I could reach with my pinky finger helps a lot.  Lanishoh is sold in baby departments of lots of stores.  I got mine at Wal-Mart I think.  I know Target carries it too.

Best of luck with finding a good solution!

RE: Dreamstastion fixed pressure - Ghandi - 05-24-2020

@Deborah K. Thanks i'm going to try that.
@Hydrangea It could be helpfull if there are delays for aquiering the new machine Smile

I was wondering why ppl prefer the ResMed AirSense 10 AuroSet over the dreamstation?

RE: Dreamstastion fixed pressure - Hydrangea - 05-24-2020

(05-24-2020, 11:33 AM)Ghandi Wrote: I was wondering why ppl prefer the ResMed AirSense 10 AuroSet over the dreamstation?

The ResMed's algorithm for treating apneas & such is more aggressive.  Aggressive is considered good and proactive.

Unfortunately for more sensitive sleepers like myself, even though I think I'm sleeping fine the whole night through, it's disrupting my sleep as it aggressively treats my apneas & such.  When I switch it to Soft mode, my sleep is less disrupted even if it's not attacking my apneas & such as aggressively. So when I use my ResMed (when I travel), I use it on Soft mode.

RE: Dreamstastion fixed pressure - Ockrocket - 05-26-2020

What model Dreamstation do you have?

If it has the ability for A-trial it should also be able to be set to full time auto. Thinking-about

Mine can be set for permanent APAP or CPAP mode in the clinician's settings area.. and can also be set for A-trial.

RE: Dreamstastion fixed pressure - Ghandi - 05-26-2020

It is the Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro. It seems it only can be set for 30 days

I found this: "Delivers breath-by-breath auto-CPAP therapy for up to a total 30 days per patient. Transitions to CPAP or CPAP-Check mode at end of Auto-Trial."