Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Need advice with AirCurve 10 VAuto settings - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Need advice with AirCurve 10 VAuto settings (/Thread-Need-advice-with-AirCurve-10-VAuto-settings)

Need advice with AirCurve 10 VAuto settings - OpalRose - 05-24-2020

Switched from PR 560 Auto to ResMed VAuto earlier this year.  Have been tweaking settings, but feel like it could be better.
I sleep more sound using this machine compared to the Respironics, but would like to clean up some of the Obstructives.
Last night was the first time using an overnight Oximeter.

Any suggestions?

[attachment=23214]

[attachment=23215]

[attachment=23216]

RE: Need advice with AirCurve 10 VAuto settings - Sleeprider - 05-24-2020

Rose, congrats on the Vauto. Your results are pretty good and there is no flow limit, so I think you have PS correct. I think an EPAP min in the range of 8.0 to 8.4 is going to resolve the OA. Your current chart show those events arise at or near your minimum pressure, and the history of setting changes sow best results were at EPAP 8.4. You have done a good job optioning and just a but mor minimum pressure should do the trick.

RE: Need advice with AirCurve 10 VAuto settings - OpalRose - 05-24-2020

Will make the change tonight and see how it goes. Thank SleepRider!

RE: Need advice with AirCurve 10 VAuto settings - OpalRose - 07-25-2020

Update:
First of all, I feel good using the VAuto.  

I'm not chasing numbers at all,  but if I wanted to tackle some of these Obstructives, should I raise the Epap more and/or the PS.  I believe the Obstructives cause me to wake up.
Mabye I'm wrong in my thinking.   Dont-know

[attachment=24968]           [attachment=24969]

RE: Need advice with AirCurve 10 VAuto settings - Sleeprider - 07-25-2020

The few OA events you have, seem to come out of nowhere. There are not any flow limits ahead of the event to cause the auto algorithm to increase pressure, so it's a classic case of where you may have to do it. The one you zoomed in on has an arousal ahead of the OA, and I suspect it is a position change. The OA is preceded by a breath-hold and this is not typical for OA arising out of obstruction. I don't think a pressure increase would have stopped this.

If you want to try higher pressures, you are at 9.2, and can slowly titrate upward with EPAP min to see if you can have any effect.

RE: Need advice with AirCurve 10 VAuto settings - OpalRose - 07-25-2020

I have been turning a lot in my sleep due to some hip pain, so you are probably correct as I think I hold my breath when I do that.

For now, I doubt I'll tinker with the EPAP setting, and watch for awhile and see if I can pinpoint when I wake and turn over, if that causes Obstructives to be flagged.

RE: Need advice with AirCurve 10 VAuto settings - Sleeprider - 07-25-2020

Bursitis is a curse. Don’t ask me how I know.