Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed airfit F20 size - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed airfit F20 size (/Thread-Resmed-airfit-F20-size)

Pages: 1 2

Resmed airfit F20 size - Billygoat - 05-26-2020

I understand the F20 sizing cutout, but online I have seen different size frames and headgear listed. I don't see that when looking at complete masks. Are there different sizes of frames and headgear or just the different sizes of cushions?

RE: Resmed airfit F20 size - SarcasticDave94 - 05-26-2020

I've come across S M L cushion sizes in 2 material types, those being AirFit silicone and AirTouch memory foam. I've only seen 1 frame/headgear size. I myself own all 3 AirFit sized cushions and a Medium in AirTouch.

RE: Resmed airfit F20 size - Billygoat - 05-27-2020

Thanks, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure. I have nasal issues and have to breathe through my mouth some, therefore a full face mask is a necessity. I have a Respironics Dreamwear full face and a Resmed F30i. Close to being the same mask. Have a small leakage issue at the nose with both, and am considering the airfit F20. I know the size of the cushions, but was concerned about the frame and headgear sizing. And yes I have read the mask fit primer a few times. It was a great help. BTW, the Resmed is easier to breathe through, especially exhaling.

RE: Resmed airfit F20 size - SarcasticDave94 - 05-27-2020

FWIW you might consider a Fisher & Paykel full face mask. They have a Vitera model out that I recently did a new sleep study with. The tech chose Small, while my preference would be a Medium, as the lower seal was right at my lower lip. I'd thought the top brace thing would be a negative, but it was a non-touch brace that adds a place for proper tensioning. I think that there's extra seal as a roll that adds to sealing and comfort. I have this on my personal wish list after a new machine. Doesn't hurt to take a look.

Will do. Thanks for the recommendation! I just figured I wouldn't like that piece against my forehead.

RE: Resmed airfit F20 size - SarcasticDave94 - 05-27-2020

I slept on my back and right side for that overnight test. The near forehead support never touched.

RE: Resmed airfit F20 size - Hydrangea - 05-27-2020

There is For Her headgear that *I've been told* is smaller than the normal headgear.

I have both the normal headgear and the For Her headgear, and I can't quite tell if it's smaller.

I'm not sure about the size difference either, but I do know the color is different.

RE: Resmed airfit F20 size - Billygoat - 07-26-2020

I finally got my Airfit F20. My size is actually about a medium and a half. Tried the medium on the first night, but was having serious nasal congestion,so I guess it wasn't a fair trial. Had some leak issues, and came out of the mask after about 4 1/2 hours. Last two nights I've been using the large cushion, and it's working great.

RE: Resmed airfit F20 size - SarcasticDave94 - 07-26-2020

Congrats on the success with the large cushion.