Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dream wear full face mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dream wear full face mask (/Thread-Dream-wear-full-face-mask)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dream wear full face mask - Keithp1960 - 06-11-2020

OK I'm very new to this and wish I wasn't even here, but I am. I'm trying to understand if what I do during the night is affecting the numbers I see in the morning. I wake about 3 1/2 hours after going to bed. In order to get up I turn the machine off and remove the mask. The "quick" disconnect on the mask is simply too stiff to work. Go to the bathroom and by the time I return the machine is running again? Why? I put the mask back on and hit the ramp button to knock down the pressure to 4 so I can go back to sleep. 
Does this affect the AHI and or the mask leaks readings? Or anything else for that matter. 
Also, I have security concerns about the modem. If someone, provider, manufacturer or hacker gets into the machine and changes settings will I know they were there? 
Thanks
KP

RE: Dream wear full face mask - Clay L - 06-11-2020

I just turn the machine off then reach up and remove the hose from the top of the mask.
I don't understand why the machine restarts. Maybe someone else can help with that.

RE: Dream wear full face mask - OpalRose - 06-11-2020

I can't explain why the machine would turn on if you had actually turned it off and removed your mask.

I would enable the Auto On/Off feature.  This way when you take your mask off, the machine will turn off, then when you return and put the mask on and take a breath, the machine will turn back on.

It's hard to say how that affects your numbers unless we can see some data.  It may show a high leak rate if left running.  I suggest you download the OSCAR software and start monitoring your data.  Your cpap should have a SD card in it.  There are directions in my signature line to guide you in taking a screenshot and using the attachment feature to post a screenshot here.

If there is a modem attached to your DreamStation, then yes... either your doctor or DME would have access to your machine and can change pressure settings.  As far as a "hacker", I wouldn't give that a second thought!

Pull the modem out if you are that concerned, but be careful as that is one way the DME may check for compliance purposes.

RE: Dream wear full face mask - Keithp1960 - 06-11-2020

Thanks for the response.

The quick release on top just does not work properly, too hard to pull apart.

As for Dr. or "DME" do I know when they have been into my machine? Can they make changes without my permission?

They can if there is a modem. Do you have to meet compliance for insurance purposes? A Doctor or DME can access the modem for such purposes. Plus, you would certainly know if your pressure were adjusted.

You can remove the modem if you are concerned about it.

I must say I don't have a "doctor" as I did an at home sleep study. That was sent to the VA who ordered the machine. Someone told me that a tech from the VA could get in via the modem and change the machine from auto to cpap. I sure don't want that. I think I could just go in and change it back in the therapy section. Unless they can lock me out somehow. I used to pretty much trust everyone but no more.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Yes, the tech from the VA could access via modem if need be. Do you have to report back to the VA for compliance purposes?

Order the Clinicians manual for your machine. This will show you how to change your pressure on your own if need be.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

i appreciate your help but that link led me to a place that didn't work? sorry

(06-11-2020, 07:21 PM)Keithp1960 Wrote: i appreciate your help but that link led me to a place that didn't work? sorry

Click on the link at top of page "Cpap Setup Manuals."

again, very sorry but I don't see "Cpap Setup Manuals." anywhere on that page? 
Keith