Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
My machine stopped working for 90 minutes - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: My machine stopped working for 90 minutes (/Thread-My-machine-stopped-working-for-90-minutes)

My machine stopped working for 90 minutes - elliotg - 06-21-2020

I had a good nights sleep last night but when I awoke I noticed it claimed it had only been on for 7.7 hours. I found this a bit strange as it had been over 9 hours since I put it on. When I put the SD card into my computer and looked at Oscar I found that the everything had stopped for 90 minutes in the middle of the night from between 2:30 and 4 am.  It was as if I had switched it off at 2:30 and restarted it again at 4.00. Except I would have remembered this and I don't.  I would have had to have taken the mask right off and then put it back on in my sleep.  Which I doubt if I could have done while sleeping!

The machine is a Resmed autoset 10 and I am using an F20 touch mask.  I have had it for at least 4 months and never seen anything like this before. My first inclination was that there must have been a power cut last night.  However, it is next to a clock radio which always goes back to midnight and flashing after any power loss, no matter how short. It was displaying the correct time.

Next guess was that maybe the machine had continued working but the data was not being recorded during this break.  But I noticed that when it came back on it went through a ramp period, so it was definitely a restart.  I also could not find any evidence of a disturbance in the period before it shut down.  Everything on the graphs was unexceptional.

I have attached a screenshot which shows a unusually uneventful night.  Except for the 90 minute gap! Any ideas?  

I will of course keep a careful watch on the results for the next few nights as I am feeling pretty uneasy about this.

RE: My machine stopped working for 90 minutes - Crimson Nape - 06-21-2020

I had a similar experience. At the time, SmartStart was turned on. I turned it off and haven't had it happen since.

RE: My machine stopped working for 90 minutes - SarcasticDave94 - 06-21-2020

SmartStart: That would have been on my list of suspects.

RE: My machine stopped working for 90 minutes - elliotg - 06-21-2020

(06-21-2020, 07:08 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I had a similar experience.  At the time, SmartStart was turned on.  I turned it off and haven't had it happen since.
Thanks for your reply.  It did not happen again last night (it is morning here in Australia) but if it happens again I will try switching off SmartStart.  I don't really need it!

RE: My machine stopped working for 90 minutes - Crimson Nape - 06-21-2020

It never happened on my S9, only once with the A10.  Once was enough for me. While thinking about this, I remember that the A10 turned on when I abruptly moved the hose. It's like the sensor is a little too sensitive.