Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? (/Thread-Therapy-suggestion-threads-Can-they-be-standardized)

Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? - drmaestro - 06-29-2020

Hi,

I have a suggestion for threads about therapy management. There are many threads about personalized suggestions for CPAP therapy and they all have different subject headings. For example, my thread's subject is: First night with CPAP, suggesions? It is now 5 pages long and I am way past first night (I am almost at 1.5 months), so when someone reads the subject, they'll think there are 5 pages of suggestions for the first night, which isn't really accurate. Wouldn't it be better to have a more standardized approach to the subject naming convention for therapy management threads? For example: "Threapy suggestion thread for DrMaestro" or add  a specific square bracket title before them [Therapy Monitoring] / [Therapy Suggestion] / [Treatment Progress], etc, etc...

Thanks...

RE: Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? - Crimson Nape - 06-29-2020

A lot of threads change direction as they mature. If you feel one of your thread's title needs editing, PM a moderator or an administrator. Please include the current thread title, or the link to it, and the title you wish it be changed to.

RE: Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? - drmaestro - 06-29-2020

(06-29-2020, 02:48 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: A lot of threads change direction as they mature.  

That's the reason I've created this post. There are lots of threads like "Newbie needs help." or a variation and the user isn't a newbie anymore and the topic is mostly about optimizing the therapy, so the subject might reflect that. I feel that it would be nice if a reader could look at the subject and understand that it is a therapy progression/modification thread.

RE: Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? - Crimson Nape - 06-29-2020

When and if the O.P. makes a request, we will try to accommodate them. So far I'm unaware of any such requests.

RE: Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? - Gideon - 06-29-2020

Every now and then we do modify a title.

Anyone who wants a title change request that from a moderator

RE: Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? - OpalRose - 06-29-2020

drmastero,
If you like, we could take your thread you mentioned titled First night with CPAP, suggesions? and split it off at Post #44 when you switched to VAuto, make a new thread with a different title.  

Or keep in all in the current thread as is and add to the title as you suggest [Continuing therapy using VAuto] or anything you like.

Your call...let me know.

RE: Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? - drmaestro - 06-29-2020

OpalRose, thanks. I think it is better to keep it in a single thread. The title could remain as it is, that's ok for me. I just gave it as an example, I don't have any problems with it.

RE: Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? - Sleeprider - 06-29-2020

Drmaestro, I would suggest we change your thread title to "Therapy-Airsense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 Vauto"

RE: Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? - SuperSleeper - 06-29-2020

Just a note of reference, sometimes a Moderator will go ahead and unilaterally update a thread title that isn't very descriptive.

For instance a thread in which  a new member asks for help in adjusting pressure on an AirSense 10 Autoset might initially have this thread title:

"Newbie needs help"

A Moderator may add a few words in brackets, like this:

"Newbie needs help [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset]"

Sometimes we do this without the member asking for it (after there has been a few posts so we get the gist of the thread content);  other times we do it in response to a member request.

The problem is that the OP (Original Poster) is the one who creates the thread title, therefore it's rather difficult to enforce any sort of "standardization" for thread titles.

Coffee

(06-29-2020, 05:10 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Drmaestro, I would suggest we change your thread title to "Therapy-Airsense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 Vauto"

We can do that, it would make sense Sleeprider.