Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR Data location - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR Data location (/Thread-OSCAR-Data-location)

OSCAR Data location - David Lee - 06-29-2020

Is it possible to change the location of OSCAR's data? I have a new (smallish) SSD drive for system and program files and use the old HDD for both the original and new data storage and would like to point OSCAR to this drive to store its data.

David

RE: OSCAR Data location - Crimson Nape - 06-29-2020

Welcome
The short answer is, "Yes", you can select a different location for the OSCAR Data directory.    How you modify the location depends on the OS you are using.

RE: OSCAR Data location - sptrout - 06-29-2020

Yes, I have OSCAR (and Sleepyhead for that matter) located in special folders. On my main computer, the OSCAR program and data are on two different drives (SSD and HD respectively). OSCAR took some time trying to decide if it liked that idea until I got my hammer out. Seriously, it did take me awhile to figure out how to do it. To make matters more fun I automatically sync OSCAR and Sleepyhead data between two different computers via cloud synchronization. Either computer gives me access to my sleep data. Computers can be so much fun.

RE: OSCAR Data location - pholynyk - 06-29-2020

It's easier if you haven't already installed OSCAR. You get to choose the location for your data directory and create it if you say no to the suggested location. (You do have to use the file selection window to create the new folder)

As others have mentioned, moving it later is bit of a chore, and I'm too sleepy to go through it all right now.

RE: OSCAR Data location - David Lee - 06-29-2020

I deleted and reinstalled - you only get the choice of where the program and subsequently the data files are installed - you cant separate the two from what I see.
PS running Window 10

David L

RE: OSCAR Data location - GuyScharf - 06-29-2020

I don't think we need to make a mountain out of a molehill!  

Move your OSCAR_Data folder to wherever you want it to reside.  Start OSCAR.  It will ask if you want to create the OSCAR_Data folder.  Respond "no" and a file open window will give you the opportunity to locate your OSCAR_Data folder in its new location.  It will remember the new location, so all should be well.

There is a command-line way to accomplish the same thing. Let me know if you need that.

Or you can muck with the registry or its equivalent on non-Windows platforms. I don't recommend that approach.

RE: OSCAR Data location - untoutseul05 - 06-30-2020

I agree with GuyScharf. Only one thing more. If the previous location doesn't exist, Oscar ask for it.
So, while Oscar is stopped, you just have to rename the folder and then start Oscar.

RE: OSCAR Data location - mjrPdqkLguUgGLE - 05-31-2022

Hello Apnea Board

I have a new ResMed S10 auto, a 32 GB SDHC card, and newest OSCAR version.  After 30 days of recording on the card, I imported to OSCAR.  I returned the card to the S10.  I recorded 3 more nights.  Again, I imported the data to OSCAR.  Plots of waveforms versus time lack the last 3 nights.  The data for the last 3 nights was corrupted.  Is this corruption due to taking the card in and out of the S10?

An alternative might be to import 30 days to OSCAR, reformat the card, and then record the next 3 days of data on the empty card.  Then Import to Oscar again.  To do this, each set of data must be assigned different names?  How do I make this assignment?  How do I tell OSCAR to use both data sets?

Thank you,
mjrPdqkLguUgGLE