Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New User, Oscar review please - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New User, Oscar review please (/Thread-New-User-Oscar-review-please)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: New User, Oscar review please - GeNomeZ - 07-21-2020

(07-21-2020, 09:18 AM)bonjour Wrote: If it is it is not significant enough to take action.  In other words no.

Nice numbers,. How do you feel?

I don't feel bad, but also not any better than before I started using the APAP. Certainly better than when I first started using the machine (less than a month ago). I know that's kind of vague, but I am getting more comfortable having the mask on and I think with time it will make more of a difference.

Thanks for the response.

RE: New User, Oscar review please - GeNomeZ - 07-24-2020

Last night was my 28th day since starting APAP. It was also my best AHI to date. Although the night before was probably my worst AHI to date, but such is life. I am finally starting to get used to having it on all night without too much trouble.

Thanks to everyone for all the help!!!  Thanks

RE: New User, Oscar review please - GeNomeZ - 07-30-2020

Good morning all,

I just had night 20 with the same settings (min 10, max 20, EPR 3) and 34 nights since starting therapy. Recently, I have started to feel a little better than before I started therapy, but not by much.

I have attached last nights chart. Should I continue on with the current settings or do you recommend any tweaking?

Thank you!

RE: New User, Oscar review please - Sleeprider - 07-30-2020

Based on this, you're not using anything over 12-13 cm pressure, but the max pressure at 20 doesn't seem to hurt anything. Your pressure varies mostly within 2-cm, and event rates are low. I don't see any changes needed. Sometimes we just feel as good as we can. I keep getting a year older every year, and while that is a success in my book, it doesn't me feel like I did in my 20s or when I was considerably thinner and lighter.

RE: New User, Oscar review please - GeNomeZ - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 09:49 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Based on this, you're not using anything over 12-13 cm pressure, but the max pressure at 20 doesn't seem to hurt anything.  Your pressure varies mostly within 2-cm, and event rates are low. I don't see any changes needed.  Sometimes we just feel as good as we can.  I keep getting a year older every year, and while that is a success in my book, it doesn't me feel like I did in my 20s or when I was considerably thinner and lighter.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll leave everything as is.

RE: New User, Oscar review please - GeNomeZ - 08-02-2020

Good morning everyone,

I have a question about last nights chart. There was a short period of time (less than 2 minutes) where it appears to not have any data recorded. I'm in south FL and art first assumed it was a brief power outage due to the storm off of our coast. However, after thinking about it I realized that shouldn't be it because the machine shouldn't have turned back on by itself as I do not have Smart Start enabled.

I have attached the full night and a zoomed in screenshot of the time it happened. Does anyone have any thoughts on what happened?

Thank you!