Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[split] Jklewis54's therapy - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [split] Jklewis54's therapy (/Thread-split-Jklewis54-s-therapy)

Pages: 1 2 3

[split] Jklewis54's therapy - Jklewis54 - 07-07-2020

About 16 years ago (don't have the date) I finally gave in to my wife's suggestion that I get a sleep study - my snoring was pushing her limits. Even though I exhibited no other symptoms (I always research everything first), I had a sleep study . . . I was forced to lie on my back, which I seldom did. I was diagnosed with severe apnea and provided a Res S6 and several masks to try - settling on a Custom Comfort Classic nasal, size small. 

Fast forward to June 2020 and I happen to read some information on sleep apnea and realize how old my machine really is! (I did disassemble it once a while back and did an internal cleaning, check-up and oiled the bearing with hospital grade oil [I'm a real techie - really]. 

So - as I always do - I thoroughly research the latest equipment and decide on getting the ResMed Airsense 10 Auto.  I realized with the advance in technology I would be able to actually see and monitor my apnea. (awesome for this techie)  

Well, I still can't believe my eyes . . . "severe apnea"?  I'm beside myself with this response. Maybe I'm missing something that the more advanced apnea techies can help with. (I need an adapter for the card so I can upload to OSCAR). But here's three days of usage:  
Note, I reset it while testing configurations and it didn't report Monday's stats, and last night I purposely slept only on my sides.
Huhsign

RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here - Crimson Nape - 07-07-2020

Hi Jklewis54!  -  Welcome

If your computer doesn't have and SD card reader, you can obtain one from a big box store or online.  Just search for a USB card reader.  Usually these devices will accommodate most card types and cost around $15 USD.  

If you don't have an SD card, any card that is at or below 32Gb in size will work.  Just look for one that you feel is fair priced.  Again they are sold at the locations I listed above, as well as, most pharmacies.

I look forward to seeing your results.  Sleep-well

RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here - Sleepster - 07-07-2020

(07-07-2020, 12:59 PM)Jklewis54 Wrote: Well, I still can't believe my eyes . . . "severe apnea"?  I'm beside myself with this response. Maybe I'm missing something that the more advanced apnea techies can help with.

The diagnosis of severe apnea is made when you are not receiving CPAP therapy. With CPAP therapy the severe apnea is controlled. If you get your data into OSCAR and show it to us, you can likely tweak your settings and get it under control even better.

RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here - Jklewis54 - 07-07-2020

I just ordered an adapter to upload my card into OSCAR. 
So, the incident report is with the pressure, not the number of times the pressure was required. Is my understanding correct that the Autoset only provides the amount of pressure needed to open the airway? And the AHI is times per hour it was needed?

As my Resmed S6 was set at a constant 20, what makes the Autoset only require 11?

Thanks for educating me on what I should have been educating myself all this time. 

PS. Does this site have operation manual for a Transcend portable? I need to set the proper pressure, as it "blows" me away.

RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here - Gideon - 07-07-2020

(07-07-2020, 03:08 PM)Jklewis54 Wrote: As my Resmed S6 was set at a constant 20, what makes the Autoset only require 11?

PS. Does this site have operation manual for a Transcend portable? I need to set the proper pressure, as it "blows" me away.

In the Black Banner above click on "CPAP Setup Manuals" and follow the directions to get the manual.

Why constant 20 vs 11 for the AutoSet?  Proper optimization.  

Typically settings are determined by a Titration Sleep Study where you are in an unfamiliar bed with different pillows, a head full of wires, and many heart leads, a chest belt and an abdominal belt all to monitor what is going on.  And on camera with someone watching you all night.
Now they change the pressure every 10 to 20 minutes to try and find the single pressure that will work for the next 5-10 years, when you might, just might get another titration test.  That makes for a very comfortable normal night that will be the absolute best every night for the next 5-10 years, nothing will change from that night right?

It is virtually impossible to get determine optimal settings on the basis of a 1 night titration study.  Often the settings are determined by a period where you didn't have any events but the periods before and after had plenty.  Go Figure.

RE: [split] Jklewis54's therapy - SuperSleeper - 07-07-2020

Hi Jklewis54,

I spit off your posts into their own thread, since you posted it in the CPAP Success Stories Thread. Hopefully we can keep your therapy questions & answers in this thread so they don't get buried in the Success Stories thread.

Thanks.

SS Coffee

RE: [split] Jklewis54's therapy - Jklewis54 - 07-07-2020

Thanks. 
I was able to get the software for my battery travel machine, and set it up with the same configuration. Now it won't blow me away. It's also the Auto set model. Didn't know it did that. So much for being a tech . . . 
Thanks

RE: [split] Jklewis54's therapy - Jklewis54 - 07-11-2020

Okay, i've been on the new machine this week and downloaded Oscar and have it up on screen. What is  the best way to post my file/s?

RE: [split] Jklewis54's therapy - jaswilliams - 07-11-2020

On the daily screen press F12 and a screen shot will be captured and you will be prompted for a location to save it upload that screenshot as an attachment to a post here look at the instructions in my signature

RE: [split] Jklewis54's therapy - Jklewis54 - 07-11-2020

Wasn't sure which graph to post . . .
Also, this is just Day 3. I'm still learning how to customize to get one week.

Edit: I missed adding one screen shot but did one twice . . .

Edit: Here are screenshots of all charts