Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Treatment] help with charts, how are my settings? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Treatment] help with charts, how are my settings? (/Thread-Treatment-help-with-charts-how-are-my-settings)

help with charts, how are my settings? - knix6 - 07-11-2020

I am not getting much support from my sleep clinic. but it could me I have ADHD/Axiety/depression and sometimes it's hard to make calls.
When I called yesterday they set me up for a "compliance" appt, when I have gotten more information from reading this forum and from help from you all, (Thank you very  much)
I made a previous post of how I got my machine NOT via the DME, and the sleep clinic's office sent me an email telling me they didn't think i could use thenew machine, that everything was difficult.

I got the Oscar software can I get some opinions? I think I need to raise my pressure a bit above 15,  how does the rest of this look? 
  My main computer does not have an SD card reader, and I have OSCAR loaded on a small laptop that has windows 7.  when I took screenshot it didn't show all the info that I was suppose to so there is a second page for last night.

[attachment=24444]

[attachment=24446]

RE: help with charts, how are my settings? - Gideon - 07-11-2020

Welcome to the forum.

Your pressure is being driven by flow limits, not by obstructive apnea of hypopnea. Thus we need to lower pressure, not raise it.
Set a pressure range of 7 - 10 then let's see what happens. 7 because it is a better pressure for an adult. 10 is to significantly limit your pressure excursions.
There is no need to increase pressure if there are no events to manage.

My preferred change would be to increase your Pressure Support (on a BiLevel) to actually manage your flow limits, but we cannot do that with a CPAP/APAP.

RE: help with charts, how are my settings? - knix6 - 07-11-2020

Thanks for the input !  Last night so far was my best AHI night. 

I need to read up on how these work, I thought if I was having an apnea the machine ramps up to the max to blow out clog,  I seen the pressure hit the max so I thought it was being the little engine that could and was working its heart out.

I will set it for 7-11 tonight and see how it goes, It will  help me find my mask leaks before it wakes me up at night.

Thanks again for your non medical advice

RE: help with charts, how are my settings? - Gideon - 07-11-2020

you had no apneas, therefore it cannot react to them.
PR machines react to snores (you should include snores in your daily charts) and Flow limits which show as FL events.

PR machines, in general, need a higher starting point than ResMed because their programmed response is slower and as such in general need a head start to ward off obstructive events. You have far more flow limits than you currently see. To see you need to review a zoomed, 2-minute, view to see the flat tops and slanted tops of each breath which identifies flow limitations in the flow rate chart.

The million dollar question is how do you feel? This is what drives settings when your numbers are low. You need to be critical with your answer and not give the stock answer. " How are you doing? ---- Just fine" You just told your doctor that you are symptom free, are you? Everything is perfect with your therapy? Be critical with your answer!!!