Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time (/Thread-Equipment-Airsense-10-Autoset-cooldown-time)

Pages: 1 2

Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time - rosok - 07-14-2020

Hello,
I have a fairly new ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset (May2020) that has been working very well for me.  One thing i did notice though over the past weeks is that it does not seem to do its standard 20min cooldown after use.  Both it and my older S9 Elite blew air through the hose and mask at low pressure after I was finished with them in the morning.  ResMed calls it a Cooldown time.  I imagine it helps dry out the line and mask after use, which makes sense.
Can anyone shed some light on this for me, and if there is a setting to get this working again on my machine?
thanks very much,
Richard

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time - Crimson Nape - 07-14-2020

The cool down only is employed if you are using a ClimateLine hose. Also, if your ambient humidity is at or above your CPAP's settings, it wouldn't turn on the humidifier, so no cool-down would be required.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time - rosok - 07-14-2020

Ok, I'm replying to my own post!

I had a thought, my Airsense had the cover in place, instead of the humidifier container.  So I pulled the blanking cover off and installed the humidifier, and then ran the machine briefly, and then shut it off.  Wonder of all wonders, it now blows low pressure air after it shut off!!  15min and still running!
I dont understand why it doesnt do this when you have just the cover installed, without the humidifier.  Your mask will still have moisture in it from breathing, and you would want that dried out.
I live in the pacific northwest, coastal rainforest area right near the ocean, so I have no need for the humidifier while at home.  No issues with drying out my nose/mouth area while using the machine.  Looks like I'll need to keep the humidifier plugged in so that i get that cooldown air after use, allowing it to dry out my mask.  (I also have the climate line attached, which is all my machine came with).
Living and learning.

(07-14-2020, 01:10 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The cool down only is employed if you are using a ClimateLine hose.  Also, if your ambient humidity is at or above your CPAP's settings, it wouldn't turn on the humidifier, so no cool-down would be required.

thanks for your input Crimson Nape, much appreciated.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time - jaswilliams - 07-14-2020

The cool down is only to dry out the hose when a humidifier is used as you have found. When no humidifier is used the moisture will not go down the hose as the moist expelled air is pushed out the mask vent

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time - Sleepster - 07-15-2020

(07-14-2020, 01:10 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The cool down only is employed if you are using a ClimateLine hose.

I use the SlimLine tubing with the humidifier and my A10 goes through the cool down routine.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time - Crimson Nape - 07-15-2020

Thank you for the info. I learn something every day.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time - GuyScharf - 07-15-2020

It's called a "cool down" and not a "dry out." It's to cool down the heater under the humidifier tank to remove excess heat from the machine. Any drying out is probably an accidental but nice side effect.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time - SevereApnea - 07-16-2020

I am generally impatient to wait for the cooldown time to finish before removing the humidifier tank. Is it considered safe to remove the tank first thing in the morning? And then attach the blanking plate?
How important is it to allow the heater to cool down?

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time - SarcasticDave94 - 07-16-2020

Probably not very important as I've heard of some switching off the power strip their PAP is connected to in order to cancel the cool down.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time - Sleepster - 07-16-2020

You can also cancel the cool down by holding down the on/off button on the top a A10 for three seconds. This turns off the machine as opposed to just putting it in stand by. The light on the button will turn off if you do this, and it will disable the auto on feature. I would think that if you remove the humidifier tub there's really no reason for a cool down period as the heating plate will now be open and exposed to room air.